Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fI'N vIKES

Go down 
+5
nevermore
T-Roy
exact33
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:44 pm

3 MINUTES TO GO. JUST POSTING THIS AS A SIGN OF GOOD JU-JU. CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE TO DO.............
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Looks like you jinxed Brett Far-ver-a
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:40 pm

Viking's mantra "There is always next year." I'll be saying that at the end of every season until I die apparently. Brett had an unbelievable year though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:33 am

I'm done with football forever. Too much hockey watch Oct-Jan anyways......
Back to top Go down

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:35 am

Yeah, I hated seeing Brees & Co put the Vikings down...Brett should have run 6 yards, got in FG range and let his kicker end it...idiot had to try and pass...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Yeah, I hated seeing Brees & Co put the Vikings down...Brett should have run 6 yards, got in FG range and let his kicker end it...idiot had to try and pass...

but he is super brett and can throw the ball anywhere...

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 am

Well, to be fair on Favre....what the hell was up with the 12 men in the huddle penalty which pushed them out of field goal range in the first place?

Also, if it hadn't been for all the fumbles they would have been up by at least 14 points. Botched focus all around.
Back to top Go down

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:40 am

detuned wrote:
Well, to be fair on Favre....what the hell was up with the 12 men in the huddle penalty which pushed them out of field goal range in the first place?

Also, if it hadn't been for all the fumbles they would have been up by at least 14 points. Botched focus all around.

I wasn't blaming the whole thing on Favre...but the last checkpoint, the "pass attempt when he should have run", was the final nail in the coffin. The turnovers, Peterson in particular, were just sad.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
detuned wrote:

I wasn't blaming the whole thing on Favre...but the last checkpoint, the "pass attempt when he should have run", was the final nail in the coffin. The turnovers, Peterson in particular, were just sad.

Peterson turnovers have lost them a couple games this year already - not a big surprise.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:31 pm

Overall the whole game was sloppy by both teams. Lots of turnovers....did it just seam like both teams were tight/nervous? Shoot the Saints fumbled several times in the second half...they just got lucky and recovered their own.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:58 pm

i wonder if Farve will retire and then come out as next season approaches?

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:20 pm

exact33 wrote:

Sure - it keeps him from having to go to training camp.
Back to top Go down

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:23 pm

So close, but yet so Favre. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:24 pm

He's thrown a few picks in his career so it's no surprise. Was a sloppy game but i'm glad it's Saints/Colts in the Superbowl.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 pm

I've could never stand the Vikings (no Offense to you Vikings faithful) and Brett Favre made it even easier to dislike them with all his antics the last couple years so to say what I'm about to say pains me BUT; I thought the refs really blew it with several huge non calls. Two hits in particular in the second half on Favre were easily roughing the quarterback.

I hate saying refs blew a game, I don't think that's the case here as The Vikings killed themselves with turnovers and missed opportunities, but man I was even surprised at some of the non-calls. He was being laid out well after throws and the one that was a sandwich job was late and a guy going low....not sure how they didn't see it. There was actually a twinge of sympathy from me after that one.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:13 pm

I'm not a Saints fan but I'm glad they won.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:55 pm

I'm not a fan of either team but I thought it was a good game to watch (better than the Colts/Jets game was). I think it's cool that the Saints have finally made it to their first Super Bowl. Too bad for the Vikes (and Jets),it sucks to go that far but come up short.Of course,it's worse being on the losing side in the Bowl.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Sure - it keeps him from having to go to training camp.

the retirement talk has begun again... this is as bad as Aerosmith!!!

brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:16 pm

To quote Jim Rome - "12 men in the huddle coming out of a time out = amatuer hour." As far as I'm concerned, Favre couldn't have picked a better time to revert to his old gunslinger ways. He could have easily put his head down and got them into Longwells range. Instead, he makes possibly the worst decision of his career. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:35 pm

brontotex wrote:
To quote Jim Rome - "12 men in the huddle coming out of a time out = amatuer hour." As far as I'm concerned, Favre couldn't have picked a better time to revert to his old gunslinger ways. He could have easily put his head down and got them into Longwells range. Instead, he makes possibly the worst decision of his career. Awesome.

I've been arguing with people all day about this. Yes he threw an interception, but it wasn't his call. Remember that there is a coach and an offensive coordinator that are calling the plays. He is just doing his job. Not to mention "Tails never fails". You never call heads on the coin toss come on, this already happened to the Vikings earlier this season. Granted the fact that AP can't hold on to the ball to save his life didn't help either, but there were a lot of terrible calls by the refs in overtime; pass interference when clearly the ball was uncatchable. When Colton trapped the ball on his leg before he hit the ground, which should have been an incomplete pass. And the fact that Bush didn't make it across the first down line.
fI'N vIKES 308838
Back to top Go down

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Quote :
Yes he threw an interception, but it wasn't his call. Remember that there is a coach and an offensive coordinator that are calling the plays.

So the call was to throw it even if the man isn't open? C'mon, it was a terrible decision.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:18 am

Maybe, but you still shouldn't call a pass play on 3rd and 15 with 00:09 left and you are just a few yards from field goal range, when there is a risk of interception. That's football coaching 101.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:52 am

spiritoradio wrote:
Maybe, but you still shouldn't call a pass play on 3rd and 15 with 00:09 left and you are just a few yards from field goal range, when there is a risk of interception. That's football coaching 101.

Yep, especially when you have 1 time out left! You run the ball, get it front and center. Especially since the saint D hadn;t stopped the run all day.

Brad Childress is like Andy Reid Jr when it comes to calling plays at the end of the game and end of game time management.
Back to top Go down

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:32 am

Those of you that know me know that I am a lifelong Jets fan, with the Vikes being my homer sentimental fav. I went into Sunday knowing 100% that the day would turn out the way it did. And I am still bummed. I honestly don't think I can support these teams any more. Especially if [ie: "when"] our glorious elected officials decide to give the Wilfs a few hundred million for a new stadium this year.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:41 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Those of you that know me know that I am a lifelong Jets fan, with the Vikes being my homer sentimental fav. I went into Sunday knowing 100% that the day would turn out the way it did. And I am still bummed. I honestly don't think I can support these teams any more. Especially if [ie: "when"] our glorious elected officials decide to give the Wilfs a few hundred million for a new stadium this year.

I can see having an easier time supporting the Jets over the Vikes. Wilf also knew getting Farve would also help get a new stadium. He can still dangle the "we're packing up and moving to LA" over their heads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fI'N vIKES Empty
PostSubject: Re: fI'N vIKES   fI'N vIKES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fI'N vIKES
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next