Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth-Endgame

Go down 
+16
Lurideath
exact33
James B.
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ghost
Smindas
MetalFRO
Orion Crystal Ice
Temple of Blood
Schbopo
mc666
Rex
shamgar75
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Opinions on this (IMO) stellar album?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:25 pm

It's their best album since Rust in Peace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Great album - great riffs and soloing throughout the whole album. Mustaine and company are on their game, literally.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Its not grabbing me at all. I like the intro and the last song though. The others are ultra forgettable though.
Back to top Go down

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Quote :

+1
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Rex wrote:
Its not grabbing me at all.
ditto, although i still think Head Crusher is a decent enough tune.

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:41 pm

Meh. I liked UA a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Good disc with 3 songs I really love on it and some other pretty good ones.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Schbopo wrote:

that makes me scared to hear this.. lol
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Good disc with 3 songs I really love on it and some other pretty good ones.

If you don't mind me asking, which are the three songs you really love on it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Schbopo wrote:

I felt that way when I first listened to it. Technically, all the ingredients are all there. Good solos, fast playing (at times), and loads of cool riffs, but I just wasn't "engaged" when I listened. Perhaps repeated listens will grab me more, but for now, UA is superior.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 am

Required Fields wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, which are the three songs you really love on it?

Headcrusher, 1320, and the title track.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:25 am

It's pretty weak IMO. Sure, the riffs and leads are good, but the songs just aren't there. There's a few really good tracks and the rest of it is just completely unmemorable. I was very disappointed with it. I definitely preferred United Abominations - it had some filler, but it was more consistently enjoyable and I can actually remember the songs on it.

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:39 am

I like it. A very good album IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:44 am

Smindas wrote:
It's pretty weak IMO. Sure, the riffs and leads are good, but the songs just aren't there. There's a few really good tracks and the rest of it is just completely unmemorable. I was very disappointed with it. I definitely preferred United Abominations - it had some filler, but it was more consistently enjoyable and I can actually remember the songs on it.

Thanks for posting my thoughts on this Smindas. Saves me the trouble. Megadeth-Endgame Icon_biggrin

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 am

I'm a Deth fanboy so I dig it. It made my Top Ten for 2009 list easily.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:05 pm

When I have it on while driving, my right foot seems to have the tendacy/tenacity to push the gas petal towards the floor. Megadeth-Endgame 685534 imagine that.

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:32 pm

I gave mine away to Robert from Ultimatum. I hope he likes it better than I did.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:59 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

+1

x2!

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:15 pm

It's their best album since So Far So Good So What!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm a Deth fanboy so I dig it. It made my Top Ten for 2009 list easily.

My feelings as well
Back to top Go down

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:28 pm

i dont know man its like it was missing something. it was. . . i dont even know. it was weird it just didnt feel like classic megadeth. it was new. . idk i was ok. i like headcrusher and a couple other songs but UA is definatly better
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Since this was bumped and I didn't get to voice my opinion the first time around,I have to say I really like it. Megadeth never really let me down (except for Risk) and Endgame is no exception. Good Stuff !
Back to top Go down

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:27 pm

It's one of those records that "sounded" pretty exciting the first few times I heard it, but then I found myself never revisiting it. I tried it again a month or so ago and decided nah, so I sold it.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Thanks for posting my thoughts on this Smindas. Saves me the trouble. Megadeth-Endgame Icon_biggrin

6 months later and I still feel about the same way. It's gotten slightly more memorable, but not by much.

Megadeth-Endgame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth-Endgame   Megadeth-Endgame Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth-Endgame
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next