Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...

Go down 
+15
candlemass
DeathCult
caniplaywithmadness?
nevermore
Chairman_Smith
Troublezone
TheGooch
spiritoradio
brontotex
mc666
journeyman
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
TrogDawn
kmorg
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...   GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:13 pm

Comparing Ian Hill to Geezer is a joke, comparing Gezzer to Steve Harris would be kosher. The only fault I find w/Geezer is his solo efforts, lame and mediocre at best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...   GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:38 pm

Geezer is awesome. But that whole thing with him seeing that cloaked figure that inspired him to write "Black Sabbath" always freaked me out.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...   GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 9:49 pm

Geezer destroys Ian Hill on bass. I like players like Geezer because they don't just copy the guitar lines but branch out and noodle in between. His playing in Sabbath is more like a second guitarist at times.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...   GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:01 am

He thumps. Defenetly on my top ten bass players!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...   GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:03 am

No one plays bass like him these days, totally unique style and rhythm. If you get to see him live just see how he attacks the bass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...   GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:03 am

Geezer is like my main influence on bass, anyone who helped create metal deserves a little more the "appreciation" humble Metal God
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...   GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:14 am

Hes my favorite bassust of all time. To me he set the standard on rock and metal bass playing. Watchigg him play live is amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...   GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Geezer is a incredible bass player. To me he's one of the best.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...   GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 2:00 am

rattpoison wrote:
No one plays bass like him these days, totally unique style and rhythm. If you get to see him live just see how he attacks the bass.

I have, and his fingers just glide over the fretboard. Sometimes it doesn't even look like he's playing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...   GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GEEZER BUTLER APPRECIATION THREAD...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2