Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...

Go down 
+7
manny
Schbopo
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:41 pm

I thought it was all a hoax too just to boost Conans ratings but aparently its not.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:42 am

Tonight will be Conan's last "Tonight Show" ... I'm definitely gonna tune in, he's been completely off the wall all week long so I'm sure his "finale" is going to be something to remember. Maybe he and Andy Richter will set fire to that $50 million stage set....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:44 am

NBC is so stupid with all the bad publicity that this Jay Leno vs Conan story, I doubt bringing back Leno is going to help The Tonight Shows ratings.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was more of a Thicke of the Night fan myself...

Ohhh man, I remember that one. How'bout "The Magic Hour" (Magic Johnson's talk show)?

Or... "The Pat Sajak Show?"

Or..."The Dennis Miller Show?"

Or... "Into The Night With Rick Dees?"

The late-night TV graveyard is littered with skeletons... Conan O'Brien joins some pretty interesting company. Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_lol

Speaking of Magic Johnson; he had just an awful late night show. The only show he had that was worth watching, was when Howard Stern went on one night to tell Magic how bad his show was. Magic was so on edge, it was hilarious...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gfUAPfA0m0 (Part 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSzunPoNoNU&feature=related (Part 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdY0-ZBx6PE&feature=related (Part 3)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:49 pm

The thing is, Leno was supposed to "retire" from TV...not start a new show that was just like the one he had. He doesn't know when to quit and go do something else. Once you're at his level, you no longer work for money...you work for attention.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Yea exactly shawn. That was the whole reason why Conan agreed to do the Tonight Show cause Leno was leaving. I guess He doesnt have enough money or Cars yet....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Conan O'Brien has been snatched up by TBS... he'll be back on TV this fall in a new talk show, as part of a latenight block with "Lopez Tonight"

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/shocker-conan-headed-back-tv-tbs-not-fox-16200

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Career suicide.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Career suicide.

I dunno... I would imagine that ratings expectations for him on a basic cable channel wouldn't be nearly as high as they would be on a "real" network... so he could find a home there for a long, long time.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:56 am

Can't wait til november. Funny how he bumped George Lopez from his time slot, but I heard this morning that Lopez gave it too him. Wierd.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Can't wait til november. Funny how he bumped George Lopez from his time slot, but I heard this morning that Lopez gave it too him. Wierd.

Yea, supposedly Lopez was the one who called Conan and told him he should talk to TBS, then he volunteered to give Conan the earlier time slot. Very noble of him I must say.

Lopez probably figures all the whoop-de-doo about Conan coming to the channel will lead to bigger ratings for his show too, if Conan is the lead-in.

I cant' stand George Lopez personally so if and when I do watch Conan's new show, I'd turn it off as soon as he's done, tho. Laughing

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:06 pm

haha I didnt think id like Lopez but I really liked his show that used to be on. I constantly watch it on Nick At Nite even though they play the same episodes over and over again. I haven't really watched his talk show though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:24 pm

O'Brien's new show on TBS will bow in November... his severance package from NBC demanded that he not appear anywhere on TV until at least September of this year.

With that in mind, today's paper sez that Conan will be touring this summer with a comedy show called "The Legally Prohibited From Being Funny On Television Tour." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm

yea I wanted to go to that but the tickets were a bit expensive.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:52 pm

I think what happened to him at NBC was not so cool but I dont understand his appeal.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:47 pm

Didn't watch him on 'The Tonight Show', probably won't see him here either. But good for him. Rumor is he signed an 8 figure deal with TBS. Along with the $45 mil severence he got from NBC, I'd say ol Coco is doing alright for a guy that used to have a masterbating bear on his show.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:47 pm

I just wanted to let all of you know that I would be willing to leave the HoM for $45 million too. So, bust out the checkbooks people. Oh, and Paypal is accepted. Bye!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:07 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I just wanted to let all of you know that I would be willing to leave the HoM for $45 million too. So, bust out the checkbooks people. Oh, and Paypal is accepted. Bye!

You can all be rid of me for the mere sum of $400K! Thats pocket change compared to The Sentinel!!! Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Lol

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:36 am

exact33 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

You can all be rid of me for the mere sum of $400K! Thats pocket change compared to The Sentinel!!! Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Lol

I'll do you one better. I have a little over 200 cd's on my official want-list. Someone bucks-up for every one of those discs and you can be rid of me forever. Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:26 pm

I always liked Conan, and I think it's a shame how he was treated, but the guy will be fine. I mean, $45 million? I'll probably never get to see $45 thousand in my lifetime.

By the way, I can't stand Leno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...   Conan O'Brien gets shown the door... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conan O'Brien gets shown the door...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2