Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who saw Anvil on Conan?

Go down 
+18
manny
sam
Wargod
GrandNational
akeldama
Olafsto
metalheaded
JBall_Z
T-Roy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
James B.
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
stevegarveyfan
325ad
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

Who saw Anvil on Conan? Empty
PostSubject: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:47 am

It was so cool to see Traditional Heavy Metal on the Tonight Show. Lipps was Awesome as the band played their hit song Metal of Metal! It was especially cool since the Tonight Show producers asked Amy Lee to tone down her set. I guess Conan's people are more hip than Leno's LOL Rock On! Who saw Anvil on Conan? Headbang

Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:48 am

You have GOT to be kidding. Anvil?
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:42 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:
You have GOT to be kidding. Anvil?

x2. Really? That's too good to be true.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:30 am

I saw it... it was killer!

For those of ya what missed it:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:45 am

thanks for the vid bro.......that was sweet Who saw Anvil on Conan? Headbang

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:48 am

Theyd've fit better on Craig Ferguseon, too bad he doesnt have live bands.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:56 am

Too bad noone saw it. I hear since Letterman made his "revelation", he's been cleaning up in the late night ratings wars.

Last night I just watched the Anvil performance from the season premier of That Metal Show. Love that song 'March of the Crabs'!!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:56 am

I'm glad Anvil are getting some overdue recognition! I've been a huge fan since the 80's. Have purchased all their CDs as new releases and never understood why they weren't a much more well known band.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:27 am

I saw this band years ago and was bored to tears.

This performance .... hoo boy ....

It's stuff like this that gives metal a bad name. That was some crappy guitar playing and mediocre singing. If this is the public perception of metal, no wonder it is a niche.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 am

I never got the appeal of ANVIL, personally...and I've heard Metal On Metal...
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:40 am

ugh...pretty awful....and pretty embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks for the video. I saw the interview with Conan, but changed the channel to see KISS perform on Letterman.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

It's stuff like this that gives metal a bad name. That was some crappy guitar playing and mediocre singing. If this is the public perception of metal, no wonder it is a niche.

Awwww come on. I've seen Anvil too and they blew the roof off the joint. They're not deep lyricists or musical virtuosos by any means but they're just plain FUN.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Awwww come on. I've seen Anvil too and they blew the roof off the joint. They're not deep lyricists or musical virtuosos by any means but they're just plain FUN.

FUN!?! FUN!?! There is no crying in baseball and FUN is not alllowed in metal. Everything must be serious, have outstanding musicianship and have deep, thought-provoking lyrics. Who saw Anvil on Conan? 457229

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm glad Anvil are getting some overdue recognition! I've been a huge fan since the 80's. Have purchased all their CDs as new releases and never understood why they weren't a much more well known band.

What he said! I saw and met the guys at Rocklahoma after their set and watched their Movie with them explaining parts of it in their tent!
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:37 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
Thanks for the video. I saw the interview with Conan, but changed the channel to see KISS perform on Letterman.

Even with Kiss Letterman Sucks!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

SPINAL TAP are fun ... and good musicians.

This is just pure 100% garbage.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

How can you be a Metal Fan and not appreciate the effort of these guys? I mean they have been trying to make it as a band for nearly 30 years and they spend their own money and make fun of themselves in what some are calling the Documentary film of the year. Imagine that a film about the struggles and the trials of a Heavy Metal Band winning the Documentary of the year.

I admit that "Metal on Metal" is a bit cheesy in the year 2009 but back in 1983 it was full on rockin and they influenced many with their style and stage antics. Man, you owe it to yourself to watch Anvil the Movie if you have not seen it.

I saw Anvil and watched their movie this summer at Rocklahoma and they were very cool and humble guys who are glad to still be making music and having fun playing in a rock band. Most bands and musicians can understand what they have gone thru even the biggest.

I remember going to private parties back in the 80's where a glam version of Pantera was playing for two dozen drunk and horny kids to seeing them play a packed out Reunion Arena or P.O.D. going from playing on a Flat Bed Trailer in a Wal Mart Parking lot to headlining the Ozz Fest!

Anvil is truly a feel good story about the real lives of a Rock Band finally living their dreams.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:34 pm

I sat and watched the whole video, and I'm not familiar with Anvil's material hardly at all. I didn't even know 'Metal On Metal' is from '83. I've known OF them since the 80s...I just never happened to pick up any of their stuff.

It was fun to watch, knowing that they are a true old school metal band; therefore I took all the cheese tongue in cheek. Those guys looked like they were having lots of fun, and that's good to see.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:58 pm

325ad wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

Even with Kiss Letterman Sucks!

To each their own.
Even with Letterman Kiss Sucks!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Thanks, I didn't know they were on. I'm glad they're getting recognition finally as I too have all their albums.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Anvil rule! Metal doesn't have to be super technical nor do the vocals need to be some high pitched screamer to be good and to be enjoyable. Some of the greatest metal bands in the world credit Anvil as one of
their inspirations. I've been a fan myself since purchasing Metal on
Metal in 1983. They were one of the early proto-thrash bands, along with Motorhead, Exciter and Raven and inspired bands like Metallica, Slayer, Exodus, etc.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:42 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

It's the same way I felt when I heard Temple of Blood.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Yes it is about time Anvil has arrived I to had most of their albums and their early cataloge is killer!

They were That Metal Show the other and did 3 songs killer stuff!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Awesome. Conan and Anvil rule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who saw Anvil on Conan?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next