Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Collective Soul

Go down 
+10
jstate
Schbopo
akeldama
Neuropete
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:49 pm

Any fans of this alternative rock band? I think they are pretty good. I was cranking their "S/T" album today and really liked it moreso than I thought I would.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:18 am

I like 'em. I have all their albums.

I saw them when I lived in New Haven CT on their Hints, Allegations and Things Left Unsaid tour and they were much, MUCH heavier than anything I've heard on any of their CDs.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:31 am

I am a Collective Soul fan and I think their self titled album was their best but I have liked all their albums, their debut was their weakest effort IMO but still had some solid songs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:28 am

I liked 'em when they first came out but have lost interest over the years. The first album is my favorite.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:40 am

I had their self-titled album at one point. I think it was a free promo copy that I got from work. I liked that song 'Gel' but don't remember much else from them. That album went bye-bye long ago.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:36 am

I just re-bought the first two recently. Good band. Surely no Nickleback, but I dig 'em.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:37 am

I picked up their self-titled CD for a couple of bucks (literally... I think I paid $2.00 used). They had a handful of good songs, but I was not a big fan. I have not listened to it in a while.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
I just re-bought the first two recently. Good band. Surely no Nickleback, but I dig 'em.

Dude, don't get me going on Nickelback again! Collective Soul 84826
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Neuropete wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Dude, don't get me going on Nickelback again! Collective Soul 84826
I was kidding! Haha. I don't even like Nickleback; I just dig that one song.
Back to top Go down

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Not a huge fan but I recognize their talent, especially in the songwriting department. I only have the greatest hits though.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:35 pm

I really like 'em, I got them all but Youth is my fave.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:13 pm

I only have the one with "Shine" and the pirate guy on the cover. I like it.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:06 am

I don't own any of the full length albums but have a good number of singles and eps that they've put out. For some reason this one record store would always have these in the .99 bin. Bought one once and really liked it. Had a killer live version of "Shine" (as TOH mentioned - very heavy). So each one I came across I got.

Actually just looking now, I do have Dosage.

The other thing about Collective Soul is I always mix them and their "hits" up with Live and their "hits". No idea why I can't keep the two straight.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm

I don't really like Live that much.

But I'm liking Collective Soul. I'm actually thinking about picking up more of their albums. I only have the "S/T" right now. Cool to see there are other fans here.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:25 pm

My wife digs Live

reading this thread reminded me of Candlebox's Far Behind I love that song
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:26 pm

So what do you think of Collective Soul Addy?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:31 pm

To be honest man right now im drawing a blank on who they are..... or what songs they did I know the name

lemme youtube em and get back to ya heh
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Okkkkk theyre known for Shine.... I like that song my wife and I might have a cd or two of theirs... Ill have to check into that
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:00 pm

Here's my favorite song. Check this out. It was played quite a bit on 90s radio.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:18 pm

This is the breakthrough song for the band. It was also about twice as heavy as this live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD-I_CU2eU8

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:25 am

I'm late to the party with Collective Soul. Too bad I never got to see them live. Sounds like they put on quite a good show.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:40 am

I remember that song too MB I liked both so I guess you could say I do like them

Another 90s one i like is Third Eye Blind's "Jumper"
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:25 pm

I can't help from remember the Virginia Tech rampage, when I see this group. Sorry, I know it's not Collective Soul's fault, but that dude who killed those people at VT used to listen to "Shine" often. I read it was his favorite song.....
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:56 am

Getizzyback wrote:
I can't help from remember the Virginia Tech rampage, when I see this group. Sorry, I know it's not Collective Soul's fault, but that dude who killed those people at VT used to listen to "Shine" often. I read it was his favorite song.....

That's freekin' weird. I didn't know that.

I'm sure the band does not approve of him though.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:47 pm

Great band Ed and Co were at Namm last week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collective Soul
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next