Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Dream Evil

Go down 
+10
JBall_Z
metallicleora
Metallic Blaze
Black Coffee
thejokeriv
Wargod
Gilbert
7thSaviour
kmorg
MetalRob331
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

New Dream Evil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dream Evil   New Dream Evil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
I bought this one last night and listened to it this morning. After the first listen, I like it quite a bit. I think it's better than "United" which was also very good imo, but not quite as good as TBOHM.

What store did you get it in? Usually FYE by me has their albums when they come out but they didnt this time. Hopefully they will get it eventually I hate waiting haha

I bought it at FYE for 14.99 plus tax. They had one copy. At first I thought it was the one copy of "Gold Medal in Metal" that they've had forever, but much to my delight it was "In the Night".
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Evil   New Dream Evil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:53 pm

I'm gonna have to try and check back again or i might have to break down and go to the mall.

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Evil   New Dream Evil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:54 am

The only good thing about FYE is they actually carry some metal. I'm surprised the one near you didn't have it already. I made the little indie store I frequent go through the box to get it out Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Evil   New Dream Evil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:12 pm

I will buy this album eventually!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Evil   New Dream Evil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I ordered this one through Wargod.
He has his own label? New Dream Evil - Page 2 911681 New Dream Evil - Page 2 320592 New Dream Evil - Page 2 395375
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Evil   New Dream Evil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:13 pm

tohostudios wrote:
My favorite is Dragon Slayer.
10/10 New Dream Evil - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Evil   New Dream Evil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:13 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
TBOHM is my favorite by them, I don't think they'll top it.
It's my second fave! 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Evil   New Dream Evil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:39 am

is it worth of listen ?
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Evil   New Dream Evil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:42 pm

I think so. There are plenty of samples around to check out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Evil   New Dream Evil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:53 pm

I'm disappointed in this one.

For one thing, I don't think most of the songs are as catchy as the songs on their other albums.

But more annoying are the lyrics. It's like they deliberately went out of their way to employ every single metal cliche in the book in every song. There's almost a Steel Panther vibe to the lyrics. For example, take this snippet from "The Ballad" (which is really slow and soft at the point these lyrics are sung):

Quote :
We are made of metal
Our hearts are made of steel.
Even if we're stained with blood
You know we've got sex appeal.

The whole thing is like that. Dream Evil have always had some tongue in cheek lyrics but this thing makes Manowar read like Shakespeare.

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Evil   New Dream Evil - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dream Evil
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2