Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?

Go down 
+6
nevermore
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
troublemagnet
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?   ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Awesome, Joker! Glad you dug 'em. Anvil freakin' rules. ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 11840

It was a blast! The crowd went crazy when Lips brought out the vibrator (see pic # 2). The opening band was a heavy metal tribute band called Brah - they were actually pretty good! The covered Dio, Ozzy, Sabbath, Maiden (Wrathchild). They are very spinal tap-ish in the way they act on stage. But, Anvil rocked the place and were awesome! Really cool that they came out to meet the fans afterwards!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?   ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Saw them last night - AWESOME show!!!! Met band afterwards, had them sign my DVD of the movie. Here's some pics:

ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Dscn0810

ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Dscn0811

ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Dscn0812

Awesome! Very much looking forward to this show! headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?   ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:56 pm

You'll love it, Scott!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?   ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Cool pics, Joker. Glad you got nice & close so we can really see the vibrator! ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?   ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Cool pics, Joker. Glad you got nice & close so we can really see the vibrator! ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Looks like he used some of the cash they're raking in from the documentary to upgrade to a chrome vibrator. He used a plastic one when I saw'em back in '95. ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_lol

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?   ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Looks like he used some of the cash they're raking in from the documentary to upgrade to a chrome vibrator. He used a plastic one when I saw'em back in '95. ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_lol

He also had a NEW guitar he broke out for one song. The tone on it was so much better than the old one, but Lips seemed to like the old one!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?   ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:47 am

Well, I did have a blast! Anvil was freakin' awesome! I'm not sure what other people are seeing when they are at the show, but Anvil were on in Phoenix! The opening bands were terrible. The first band was this downtunes, rap-metal band with a bunch of white guys in baggy pants and backwards baseball hats. Pass. The second band looked like a high-school band just starting off. They had some serious image issues. Their singer was really into what he was doing and was trying for that Faster Pu$$ycat glam/sleaze image. Unfortunately for the band, the house had his vocals mixed up pretty high and he was off key much of the time.

Anvil, however, tore it up for their whole set! Lips was Lips. He might be up there in age now, but he's still "the kid sitting around listening to his Black Sabbath records".

Here was the setlist:
March Of The Crabs
School Love
Winged Assassins
This Is Thirteen
Mothra (extended version with vibrator guitar solo)
Flying Blind
Thumb Hang
White Rhino (w/ drum solo)
Mad Dog
Forged In Fire
Metal On Metal

Encore:
Jackhammer

The band came out to meet the entire crowd after the show, which was cool. I brought along a bunch of stuff to have signed. Having been a fan since 1982, I had all sorts of stuff I wanted signed. They signed it all gladly. I gave Lips an autographed Ted Nugent hunting cap, which he seemed genuinely psyched to have. Lips is a big Nugent fan, as is obvious in his music and the fact that he plays a semi-hollow body guitar.

Unfortunately my camera died, so the only picture I have to show is this one taken on someone's cell phone. Better than nothing I suppose.
ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Anvil_2010

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?   ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:07 am

Awesome Scott!!!!!! Glad you had a good time!!!!!! I really enjoyed the show when I saw them in New Orleans. Cool story about the Nugent hat!!!! Set list is the same I saw
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?   ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:12 am

wow! i never heard of this band til a couple days ago! a certain lead guitarist (lol!) thanks robert!suggested i go to scotts site and read the bands history and then check out the bands myspace! wow! ult,you are right,def catch some nuge influences! lips looks like he still loves what he does and thats always a great thing! glad you had fun!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?   ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:50 am

Sounds like y'all had a blast! ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?   ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANVIL January 12th What should I Expect?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2