Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite BRIDE album?

Go down 
+37
deathisgain
7thSecond
bgsully
Big Rich
Shawn Of Fire
Mac & Cheese
corplhicks
candlemass
glassprison
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
Olafsto
Highway Star
Gilbert
krail
jettafiend
MetalFRO
Grimmo
SideShowDisaSter
Sutekh
stepcousin
Lurideath
ryanmetalman
T-Roy
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Addy
Fat Freddy
exact33
James B.
Metallic Blaze
Dave the Boss
nevermore
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
kmorg
Stender
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Olafsto wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Gilbert - look forward to hearing what you think. Not only is it my favorite Bride album, it's one of my top-5/10 metal albums of all-time.

You are crazy Laughing

It`s ok, nothing special at all IMO. I never heard it back when it was fresh, maybe i would feel different if i heard it back in the day, and if i could relate to their message Cool

Ha! Good to see you around, you pagan scoundrel!!

And, it's okay to be wrong about things.  lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Olafsto wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Gilbert - look forward to hearing what you think. Not only is it my favorite Bride album, it's one of my top-5/10 metal albums of all-time.

You are crazy Laughing

It`s ok, nothing special at all IMO. I never heard it back when it was fresh, maybe i would feel different if i heard it back in the day, and if i could relate to their message Cool

IMO, it is that good. I never felt such a strong vibe from the first listen in a long time (the last time being when discovering stryper back in 2010!)
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 am

Thanks for bumping this thread. It reminded me that I need to listen to the Bride discography soon. At present I just have favorite songs more than favorite albums. My first introduction to them was the Shotgun Wedding compilation, which I ordered from the old Blastbeats site when I was starting to get into Christian metal.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 1:03 am

The song I listen to most frequently from them is actually "Ever Fallen in Love" from Kinetic Faith.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 3:34 am

I still stand by my post from back in 2010, Silence is Madness is still my favorite.I like most of their albums to some degree, with the exception of their last one. Couldn't get into it at all. IMO the last really good album they did was Skin for Skin.
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 4:20 am

glassprison wrote:
The song I listen to most frequently from them is actually "Ever Fallen in Love" from Kinetic Faith.

I like that one a lot as well.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
I assume you're talking about Show No Mercy and Live to die which I would agree on in the riffing department. Silence really stepped things up.

Yeah. OK, thanks. I'll check that one out.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 10:27 am

Silence!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 3:24 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

You are crazy Laughing

Ha! Good to see you around, you pagan scoundrel!!

And, it's okay to be wrong about things.  lol!

Thanks, it`s good to be back.

I`m wrong about many many things, but not about mediocre metal and imaginary friends... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

You are crazy Laughing

IMO, it is that good. I never felt such a strong vibe from the  first listen in a long time (the last time being when discovering stryper back in 2010!)

Well we all have our different favorites that gives us chills and become instant favorites. It`s sometimes hard to explain why. I like Bride and Stryper ok, but no where near my top favorites.
Maybe lyrics and message also means something. I`m not a fan of religion Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

You are crazy Laughing

IMO, it is that good. I never felt such a strong vibe from the  first listen in a long time (the last time being when discovering stryper back in 2010!)

Well we all have our different favorites that gives us chills and become instant favorites. It`s sometimes hard to explain why. I like Bride and Stryper ok, but no where near my top favorites.

I never cared about lyrics. Unless they are way too anti-religious in which case it makes it hard for me to truly appreciate a band.

Good to have you back headbanger
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Good to see ya Olaf!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 3:14 am

Gilbert wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

You are crazy Laughing

I never cared about lyrics. Unless they are way too anti-religious in which case it makes it hard for me to truly appreciate a band.

Good to have you back headbanger

Thanks Gilbert headbanger

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 7:54 pm

kmorg wrote:
The weird thing is that Bride was always about the message, more then the music. The Thompson brothers were never metal fans, or even very knowledgable about the scene at all. They just set out to reach souls for Christ. Thus I find it really strange how they managed to capture the whole 80's metal thing so good.

Another band doin' the same was Messiah Prophet. Their 'Master of the Metal' album is a classic, yet none of the band members were ever into metal. That's why there was never a true follow up to that album. I guess the same can be said about Bride and 'Live To Die'.

Man, did this hit a nerve. Too bad kmorg isn't around these parts anymore.

One of the most fascinating things for me to ponder on lazy afternoons is the true motives of Christian rock musicians. With an ability to eschew all sense of artistry, guys like Dale were nine months pregnant with the idea that as long as the ministry was in full sincere motion, so was the music. I gotta say, all religious or scriptural insights aside, it's hard to doubt this philosophy with brilliant output like Snakes (my favorite BTW, to correctly assert the OP), Miracle Mile, On Fire, and other classics. Yes, there were others who's sincerity I question (Steven Patrick), or those who fell to the scene (Stryper), or even those who weren't even Christian, but they don't interest me simply because I would have probably been one of them had I been a popular Christian artist. The ones clearly devoted to evangelism with little to no interest in their genre, or music in general (I'm looking at you, Steven Curtis "Spalding Gray" Chapman) just make me scratch my head as to how they can craft their shit without ever being a fan of their shit in the first place?

Although I should point out that interviews actually point to the Thompson's being into heavier music before their inception. Dale keeps the timeline a bit mysterious, however,
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 7:18 am

Has anybody heard any samples of the new album? It is supposed to be a return to the sound 
of Snakes era Bride. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because bands that say this rarely 
do it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 12:03 pm

The clip I heard reminded me of the song, Author of the Flame, they did with Liberty n Justice.
Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Highway Star wrote:
Has anybody heard any samples of the new album? It is supposed to be a return to the sound 
of Snakes era Bride. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because bands that say this rarely 
do it.

I heard some rough sound samples on Dale’s fab page. I didn’t think it sounded like the classic Bride sound
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 12:21 pm

Mac & Cheese wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
do it.

I heard some rough sound samples on Dale’s fab page.  I didn’t think it sounded like the classic Bride sound

That's what I was afraid of.
Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 pm

It’s still early in their recording process so hopefully it will be good
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Going through the discography, I'm now approaching the alternative/grunge/rapcore years with great trepidation.
Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 10:23 pm

glassprison wrote:
Going through the discography, I'm now approaching the alternative/grunge/rapcore years with great trepidation.

Bride’s dark years lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 12:37 am

Man, bride's albums are almost impossible to find here.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 4:49 am

Gilbert wrote:
Man, bride's albums are almost impossible to find here.

If you have Dropbox, send me a PM. I can share the discography with you including live rarities. It's not worth paying a fortune for, considering most of the albums are out of print anyway, as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 10:24 am

I probably posted way back when, but:

Live To Die
Show No Mercy
Silence Is Madness
Snakes In The Playground

Also, IMO 2 of the best songs they did were the versions of "Same Ol' Sinner" and "Everybody Knows My Name" on the 'End Of The Age' comp.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 am

Everybody Knows My Name is killer on the comp, better then on Kinetic Faith.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite BRIDE album?   Favorite BRIDE album? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite BRIDE album?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next