Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]

Go down 
+55
Troublezone
AchrisK
ultmetal
metalhead777
TheGooch
Jesusandmetal23
FlyingV
ZetaReticuli
scottmitchell74
BillRoxx
Sutekh
Lari
rattpoison
Thrasher73
TheButcher
7thSaviour
ryanmetalman
ohwellmonkey
Required Fields
T-Roy
krokus
Stender
Trial by Fire
XYZ
metallicleora
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Wargod
snooloui
Grimmo
Orion Crystal Ice
Shiney
JBall_Z
Olafsto
nevermore
jstate
Dave the Boss
SideShowDisaSter
Addy
Schbopo
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
powermacho
exact33
tohostudios
manny
Metallic Blaze
A Handful of Wayne
Eyesore
kmorg
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:59 am

manny wrote:

I have that one on CD already, thanks for the offer Spec, BTW on vinyl I have Grace Slick's Great Society LP, do you own that yet?

I have it on CD. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:04 am

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

I have that one on CD already, thanks for the offer Spec, BTW on vinyl I have Grace Slick's Great Society LP, do you own that yet?

I have it on CD. TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_smile

OK cool I would have sent you the vinyl if it was missing from your collection.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:59 pm

That shop across from my work astounds me...I always find something....not too common.

LAUDAMUS- "Lost In Vain"

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Metallica- Orgullo, Pasion, Y Gloria (2 dvds, and 2 cd's)
Saga- S/T
Venom- Old, New, Borrowed and Blue

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:02 pm

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Imgp3519

Runamok - Electric Shock
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:14 pm

From the Music For Less closing sale and probably my last purchase there
Alice Cooper - School's Out
Bad Company - Burnin Sky

Hastings.com 30% sale
King Kobra - Ready To Strike
Last Crack - Sinister Funkhouse #17
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder - Living For Death, Destroying The Rest

From secondspin.com trying to use up my credit
Deep Purple - Rapture Of The Deep (2 disc edition)
Gang Starr - No More Mr. Nice Guy

From ebay
Indestroy - s/t

I stopped into the Hastings store to get a gift and thought I better just cruise the music section since I was there. Fate smiled on me this day. There it was for 5.00! All those ebay losses and temptations to just buy the thing.....
Reverend - Play God I finally own it.

Also found Def Leppard's High N' Dry 1984 remaster with the two bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:43 pm

jstate wrote:
I stopped into the Hastings store to get a gift and thought I better just cruise the music section since I was there. Fate smiled on me this day. There it was for 5.00! All those ebay losses and temptations to just buy the thing.....
Reverend - Play God I finally own it.

Funny how you mention this, since this past weekend I saw that cd for $8 and passed on it. Fully Knowing that its kind of a rare cd and I probably could have made some money off it on ebay or passed it off to someone on here. What an idiot I was that day. which reminds me I have to write about my music store shopping day I had.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:44 pm

jstate wrote:
Gang Starr - No More Mr. Nice Guy.

Nice one, I've "Full Clip" myself and it gets an occasional listen
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:13 pm

City Boy - It's Personal

I didn't even know this swansong CD from the band was officially available.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 pm

a little something different today:

steve Taylor - Live c-stone 84, 85, 94, 95, 96, 03
steve Taylor - Live ichthus - 84
steve Taylor - Live kansas city 88
steve Taylor - Live creation 88
steve Taylor - Live creation 2003

all on cdr.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Wrong thread I think E33.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wrong thread I think E33.

Why do these idiots post their playlists in the collection thread sheesh!!! TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_wink

(Said the guy who's done it twice)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:32 pm

Today:

D.A.D. - No Fuel Left For The Pilgrims
Great White - Great Zeppelin: A Tribute To Led Zeppelin
Royal Court Of China, The - Geared & Primed **
Storm, The - Eye Of The Storm

** From SwapaCD.com
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:00 am

That D.A.D. album is awesome!! So is the RCOC....

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:03 am

Shiney wrote:
Damn thing was covered in this fluffy beige mold. Took like an hour to clean it all. Not sure what possessed Newbury Comics to sell it like that. Kind of nasty.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:21 am

Eyesore wrote:
Shiney wrote:
Damn thing was covered in this fluffy beige mold. Took like an hour to clean it all. Not sure what possessed Newbury Comics to sell it like that. Kind of nasty.

Ewwwwwww. Whatever disease you may contract from it will be worth it though. Great album. TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_biggrin That Great White tribute album is a good one too.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:25 am

Eyesore wrote:
Damn thing was covered in this fluffy beige mold.

Smegma? Ewww........
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:38 am

Shiney wrote:

ZCMI!!!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:08 pm

D.A.D. went downhill, though, huh? Because I picked up Everything Glows a few months back and was totally unimpressed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
D.A.D. went downhill, though, huh? Because I picked up Everything Glows a few months back and was totally unimpressed.

So I've read. While I haven't actually heard anything "new" from them, they've done a bit of a style change I believe. They went from a jangly, Stones-y hair band in the 80's to a more modern/alt-rock vibe I think.

Can anyone confirm or deny those allegations?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

So I've read. While I haven't actually heard anything "new" from them, they've done a bit of a style change I believe. They went from a jangly, Stones-y hair band in the 80's to a more modern/alt-rock vibe I think.

Can anyone confirm or deny those allegations?

Yep, they definitely went downhill. Nothing I picked up after Fuel comes close to that album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:41 pm

I only have No Fuel... and Riskin' It All. Both good with the same vibe. I got the impression that they did a little trend-hopping on later releases.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Aside from FUEL, the only other D.A.D. album I have is RISKIN' IT ALL (follow up to FUEL) and it's decent, but not as good as FUEL. I have never heard anything other than those two CDs... but there is definitely a "special somethin'" about that FUEL album that probably can't be topped.

Have I used the word FUEL enough in this post? I think so. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Quote :
Have I used the word FUEL enough in this post? I think so. TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_lol

Don't be FUEL-ish. TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 337331

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Aversion- The Ugly Truth
Saga- Silent Knight (these guys really loved the mustache!)

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next