Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warning (UK) - Doom metal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Warning (UK) - Doom metal Empty
PostSubject: Warning (UK) - Doom metal   Warning (UK) - Doom metal Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:01 pm

So I've been spinning Warning's second full length album, Watching from a Distance, all day today, and damn me, this is still as impressive as when I heard it almost three years ago.

Warning play a very, very slow style of doom, that is really unlike any other band out there. The best way to describe them would be a mixture of Saint Vitus, Epicus-era Candlemass, and Revelation. The lyrics are very emotional (almost emo Warning (UK) - Doom metal Lol), and the vocals are definitely an acquired taste. Musically these guys were one of the heaviest bands ever. That guitar tone on the second album is just PHENOMENAL! I'd kill for a tone like that.

Unfortunately these guys have called it a day. The did two great, albeit rather different, demos in 1996, an amazing full length in 1999, and another phenomenal LP in 2006. Nowadays mainman Patrick Walker (the cousin of the rather infamous Rich Walker, formerly of Sore Throat, Napalm Death, and the founder of legendary English epic doom band Solstice) has been focussing on his new band 40 Watt Sun, who are supposed to be going on where Warning stopped in 2006.

Their myspace can be found here:

http://www.myspace.com/warningdoom

My favorite tracks on there are Faces (from their 2006 album Watching from a Distance), and The Face that never dies (from their 1999 debut album). I can recommend anyone that likes real doom metal to check these guys out!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Warning (UK) - Doom metal   Warning (UK) - Doom metal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:28 am

Come on, no doom love?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Warning (UK) - Doom metal   Warning (UK) - Doom metal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:52 pm

The songs on the myspace site sounded good. I can't imagine doom fans not liking these guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning (UK) - Doom metal   Warning (UK) - Doom metal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Come on, no doom love?

This is another GREAT Doom record...good call Dave!! Warning (UK) - Doom metal 11840
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Warning (UK) - Doom metal   Warning (UK) - Doom metal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:59 pm

I need to let the vocal stuff sink in and see, I shall return.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Warning (UK) - Doom metal   Warning (UK) - Doom metal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I need to let the vocal stuff sink in and see, I shall return.

The vocals are a tad... errr... "different", but I love 'em. Warning were definitely the best English doom band from the 90s (together with the mighty Solstice ofcorpse).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning (UK) - Doom metal   Warning (UK) - Doom metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warning (UK) - Doom metal
Page 1 of 1