Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!

Go down 
+3
DeathCult
manny
Shiney
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!   Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:48 am

There is nothing I can say about the late great genius that is Zappa.

Love him or hate him, his genius status is undeniable.

He was born on December 21, 1940....and died in 1993 on December 4th or close to that date...

Take a moment and rememebr the man....

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!   Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:01 am

Zappa was a genius, and had a weird sense of humor. He did not believe in scared cows and as far as politicans whether they were on the left or the right both sides would get hammered by Zappa.

Frank Zappa besides being an eccentric songwriter who followed his own muse, was also a composer of classical music and one of hell of a guitarist. Also musicians such as Steve Vai, Dale Bozzio, Warren Curcuillo (or however you spell his name), Lowell George, and Adrain Belew are among the many musicians who pasted thru the ranks in Frank Zappa's bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!   Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:18 am

Can't say that I have ever "got" Zappa, but the man gave Alice Cooper his first shot, so for that alone, he gets my respect.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!   Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:25 am

Love him and all his work, truly a geinus. And a master of the guitar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!   Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:36 am

Spec...Zappa was one of those cats you have to inundate yourself with and just totally give yourself over to the experience....Like REALLY listen to catch all the complexities....and the poop jokes.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!   Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:54 am

Good stuff. RIP
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!   Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:11 pm

I appreciated the man long before his music, but even now that's starting to seep into my brain. Thanks, Frank. And Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Albums018

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!   Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ISil7IHzxc

Zappa was one of the smartest and most talented people ever. A true American hero.
Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! 610270
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!   Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Schbopo wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ISil7IHzxc

Zappa was one of the smartest and most talented people ever. A true American hero.
Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! 610270

These CNN guys are funny. I bet you guys anything they all had skeletons in the closet they would have been ashamed to have been known.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!   Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday FRANK ZAPPA!!!!
Page 1 of 1