Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....

Go down 
+19
shamgar75
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
Gilbert
QuothTheRaven
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
the sentinel
Black Coffee
mr.electric39
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
manny
Fat Freddy
snooloui
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
uuuhhhhhhh...In the Still of the Night....is um, when I uh...get up to pee.
Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 343411
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Bad, bad boys... Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:48 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Come on - you should know, when you are over 40, your prostate gets bigger and you have to go!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Quote :
worst thread of all time

Ain't no love?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:57 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

worst thread of all time

Ain't no love?

In the heart of the metal
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
worst thread of all time

There you go Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Sleep
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Come on - you should know, when you are over 40, your prostate gets bigger and you have to go!!!!!

You speak the truth!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Just read on Blabbermouth that the group isn't touring this year and is shooting for a new album Spring 2011. Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:33 pm

Come On
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:10 pm

Will be the same line-up as the last one I wonder?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:56 am

Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 83628

Whitesnake announce that the band has parted ways with bassist Uriah Duffy and drummer Chris Frazier. "Whitesnake wish Uriah and Chris every success in pursuing their individual musical careers and express their sincere gratitude for the exceptional contribution they both made to the legacy of the band."
Replacing Frazier as Whitesnake's new drummer is Brian Tichy, who has previously played with Foreigner, Billy Idol, Ozzy Osbourne and Velvet Revolver.
At this time Whitesnake is still exploring its options for the position of the band's new bassist.
Whitesnake is currently in the studio writing and recording the follow-up to 2008's "Good To Be Bad" for a spring release via Frontiers Records.
Whitesnake's next CD will be "a solid, natural progression from the band's last opus, which was awarded by the influential Classic Rock magazine as 'Best Album of the Year' in 2008." "As always, we want to take it to the next level," stated vocalist David Coverdale. "I feel that with the last album we achieved a strong Whitesnake 'cocktail' that comfortably embraced and mixed all the previous musical aspects and styles of the band's history, while taking our identity a little further... all on one album."
Coverdale said the production team for the new album will most likely be the Brutal Brothers, or Los Bros Brutalos, who handled the recording of "Good To Be Bad."
"The new songs are in the very familiar and recognizable Whitesnake territory of soulful, bluesy, melodic power rock, with a couple of ballads thrown in for good measure," the singer said. "It can't be a Whitesnake album without ballads, mate!"
Whitesnake was forced to cancel a number of shows on its 2009 summer U.S. tour with Judas Priest due to David Coverdale being diagnosed with "severe vocal fold edema and a left vocal fold vascular lesion."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Good to hear, I was wondering if David would be able to sing again. I really enjoy GTBB, still listen to it a lot.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:02 pm

i always miss this band palyin live... shi*.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Keyboardist Timothy Drury has now left as well.

From www.whitesnake.com:

Quote :
"For over seven years now I have been fortunate enough to travel the world, to play and sing my heart out and to share the stage with David Coverdale as a part of Whitesnake. During that time I have been inspired and filled with such a great sense of the beauty that the world has to offer and also with the joy that music can bring to an audience. More than ever, I see the value of what I can express as a composer and producer, photographer, songwriter, singer... as an artist. That is why I must now say my goodbyes to you all and take my leave to pursue some very important creative projects that have been brewing for some time now.

For those of you who have gone to my sites and commented on my work as a visual artist and as a composer, I hope you have sensed how deliberate and passionate I am about interpreting what I see and feel. There are some great new opportunities for me to do that now and the time has come to focus on using my gifts to the fullest extent possible.

Of course I would love to continue to experience the world with Whitesnake and I will miss DC and the guys and the venues and audiences terribly, but I think I would be remiss if I didn't follow my instincts and my heart at this moment.

I have nothing but gratitude for the time I've spent with DC and all of the other incredible players I've had the good fortune to work with in this band since 2003. I've learned so much from DC and this experience, about following one's heart, about being authentic, about never letting fear prevent one from pursuing one's destiny. It's a fitting tribute to him that I must now practice what I have learned and really concentrate on living my life as the artist I was destined to be.

I wish David Coverdale and the new band all the very best as they bring the new record to life in the studio and later when they bring it to you all, live in 2011.

Thanks so much to DC and the band and to all the smiling, appreciative fans around the world!!!"

A Fond Farewell,

Timothy

Do you think David is weeding out people or have these recent leavings just been coincidental? I just hope Beach and Aldrich aren't leaving anytime soon. I can't wait for the new album.

BTW - the new bassist is Michael Devin
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:43 pm

It's hard to say, Coverdale has never kept anyone around very long.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:19 pm

This thread really aims "Straight for the Heart" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:29 am

Whitesnake (1987) is one of my favorite albums. John Sykes rules!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:24 am

More Whitesnake product on the way for those who feel Whitesnake is the greatest band ever:

It has been reported that Whitesnake is set to be releasing the Box O’Snakes: The Sunburst Years 1978-1982 on November 7th.

This boxset is said to contain every studio and live album from that period, two previously unreleased BBC concerts, a limited edition seven inch, a DVD and a 90-page book with new interview and unseen photos.

Box O’Snakes: The Sunburst Years 1978-1982 full track listing:

CD One:

Trouble (1978):

1. Take Me With You
2. Love To Keep You Warm
3. Lie Down (A Modern Love Song)
4. Day Tripper
5. Nighthawk (Vampire Blues)
6. The Time Is Right For Love
7. Trouble
8. Belgian Tom’s Hat Trick
9. Free Flight
10. Don’t Mess With Me

CD Two:

Live At Hammersmith (1978):

1. Come On
2. Might Just Take Your Life
3. Lie Down
4. Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City
5. Trouble
6. Mistreated

CD Three:

Lovehunter (1979):

1. Long Way From Home
2. Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues
3. Help Me Thro’ The Day
4. Medicine Man
5. You ‘N’ Me
6. Mean Business
7. Love Hunter
8. Outlaw
9. Rock ‘N’ Roll Women
10. We Wish You Well

CD Four:

Ready An’ Willing (1980):

1. Fool For Your Loving
2. Sweet Talker
3. Ready An’Willing
4. Carry Your Load
5. Blindman
6. Ain’t Gonna Cry No More
7. Love Man
8. Black and Blue
9. She’s A Woman

CD Five:

Live…In The Heart Of The City (1980):

1. Come On
2. Sweet Talker
3. Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues
4. Love Hunter
5. Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City
6. Fool For Your Loving
7. Ain’t Gonna Cry No More
8. Ready An’Willing
9. Take Me With You

CD Six:

Come An’ Get It (1981):

1. Come An’ Get It
2. Hot Stuff
3. Don’t Break My Heart Again
4. Lonely Days, Lonely Nights
5. Wine,Women An’ Song
6. Child of Babylon
7. Would I Lie To You
8. Girl
9. Hit An’ Run
10. Till The Day I Die

CD Seven:

Saints & Sinners (1982):

1. Young Blood
2. Rough An’ Ready
3. Bloody Luxury
4. Victim Of Love
5. Crying In The Rain
6. Here I Go Again
7. Love An’ Affection
8. Rock An’ Roll Angels
9. Dancing Girls
10. Saints An’ Sinners

CD Eight:

Live At Reading Rock ’79 (1979):

1. Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues
2. Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City
3. Steal Away
4. Belgian Tom’s Hat Trick
5. Mistreated/Soldier Of Fortune
6. Love Hunter
7. Breakdown

CD Nine:

Live At Reading Rock ’80 (1980):

1. Sweet Talker
2. Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues
3. Ain’t Gonna Cry No More
4. Love Hunter
5. Mistreated/Soldier Of Fortune
6. Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City
7. Fool For Your Loving

DVD:

Promo Videos 1978-1982
TV Performances
Extra Feature: Official Bootleg
Live at the Capital Centre, Washington, USA 1980
Snakebite EP (1978) 33rpm seven inch white vinyl

Side One:

1. Bloody Mary
2. Steal Away

Side Two:

1. Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:00 am

Hm... Could be worth picking up for the Reading material & DVDs.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:01 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

I thought that too but I already have most of those albums on CD and only have a few left to replace from vinyl to CD
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:06 am

I'm not the biggest Whitesnake fan, but I gotta admit, that's a pretty sweet set they've put together.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:59 am

manny wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

I thought that too but I already have most of those albums on CD and only have a few left to replace from vinyl to CD

I have all of those albums except those two Reading shows which I don't think have ever been released. They would be the main reason for a purchase for me, plus the DVDs.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:46 pm

I have a few Whitesnake LP's but that boxset sounds nice.

Reminds me to look for more old vinyl, as I remember seeing that "Live…In The Heart Of The City (1980)" record in every used record store back in the early/mid-1980s, before I ever heard of Slide It In.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 am

Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 83628 

Sounds like Coverdale has lost it:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....   Whitesnake is the greatest band ever.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitesnake is the greatest band ever....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next