Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus

Go down 
+16
Olafsto
Addy
Stender
QuothTheRaven
AlbertMond
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
sheets
mc666
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
tohostudios
Dave the Boss
exact33
thejokeriv
GrandNational
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Just wow.

Man, I started watching horror movies with my Dad when I was 6. Some of the stories I wrote and pictures I drew in 1,2,3 grade were full of alien attacks and bloody death. I went to a Catholic school and Sister Agnes gave me good grades for those papers. She did tell my Dad (one of his favorite stories) during Parent/Teacher conference that I was "a highly intelligent kook" but she meant it in the kindest of ways. Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_rr
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:07 pm

Quote :
I was "a highly intelligent kook"

Some things never change.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Jesus is looking a little like Shelley DuVall.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Jesus is looking a little like Shelley DuVall.

were you expecting the Madonna and Child???

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm not even gonna get into some of the gory/perverse stuff I used to draw in high school. Let's just suffice to say that my masterwork was an ongoing comic strip entitled "Killer Mutant Chainsaw Bunnies From Hell."

Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
AlbertMond
Metal novice
Metal novice
AlbertMond

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:30 am

GrandNational wrote:
According to the Taunton Daily Gazette,
when school officials called the boy’s father about the incident, they
characterized the drawing as “violent” and told him the boy would have
to undergo a psychiatric evaluation before being allowed to return.

The teacher had asked the
class to draw something that reminded them of Christmas. The boy’s
representation of the crucifix apparently alarmed her because there
were x’s for eyes, and the boy had written his name above the picture.
The boy had no previous history of violence or other trouble at the
school.

A psychiatric evaluation for drawing a nearly-unavoidable cultural icon in his most well-known state of violent martyrdom?
Really?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:32 pm

AlbertMond wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
According to the Taunton Daily Gazette,
when school officials called the boy’s father about the incident, they
characterized the drawing as “violent” and told him the boy would have
to undergo a psychiatric evaluation before being allowed to return.

The teacher had asked the
class to draw something that reminded them of Christmas. The boy’s
representation of the crucifix apparently alarmed her because there
were x’s for eyes, and the boy had written his name above the picture.
The boy had no previous history of violence or other trouble at the
school.

A psychiatric evaluation for drawing a nearly-unavoidable cultural icon in his most well-known state of violent martyrdom?
Really?

The weird incidents only get weirder as the years go by. I wonder if they made the teacher take a psychiatric evaluation? I know she had to apologize, but she probably needs some help herself.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:38 pm

This sounds like yet another zero-tolerance policy gone awry. Why can't people realize that there are always gray areas in situations like this. You can't ask a group of people of any age about what Christmas means to them and not get a religious connection. Knee-jerk reactions always go wrong. Ask for the motivation before freaking out!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:29 pm

ridiculous. If I end up with kids, maybe I WILL homeschool them.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Stender wrote:

thats what I am doing...

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:24 pm

exact33 wrote:
Stender wrote:

thats what I am doing...

I used to be totally against homeschooling (social issues and parental qualifcations) but the more I see of the current public school system, the more I've come to think homeschooling might not be so bad.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:47 pm

The school systems now a days suck they seem to be waaaaaayyyyy to uptight
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:33 am

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Stender wrote:

thats what I am doing...

I used to be totally against homeschooling (social issues and parental qualifcations) but the more I see of the current public school system, the more I've come to think homeschooling might not be so bad.

there are a lot of curriculums out there that parents can teach from. As for socialization - we have our daughter involved in church, ballet, pioneer clubs, and play groups. I dont think she misses a beat.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:24 pm

It pisses me off it the kid drew a picture of Allah or buddah it wouldnt have made the news
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Addy wrote:
It pisses me off it the kid drew a picture of Allah or buddah it wouldnt have made the news

i would imagine the muslims would be protesting because of something they didnt like if he had...

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:47 am

exact33 wrote:
Addy wrote:

i would imagine the muslims would be protesting because of something they didnt like if he had...

I just want to clarify that Christian Arabs use the word Allah for God as well (it's not a Muslim thing, quite the opposite). They've used it from the beginning when the Bible was translated into Arabic long before the Koran was ever written. I personally use it without even a hint of any Muslim connotation, because for an Arab Christian, Allah is the name of the Triune God. And Muslims are WAY forbidden in ever drawing their idea of the god they call "Allah." OK, I'll leave now.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Addy wrote:

The issue wasn't that it was a drawing of Jesus, but that it was supposedly violent. If it had just been a drawing of Jesus unharmed, nobody would have cared.

And besides, Buddha was never brutally murdered.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Or so you think I think they used it as an excuse i mean look around theyre doing everything they can to take God out of everything, personally to that kid I say Kudos and Spot on because like it was said he has the true meaning of Christmas

As for the Allah, I hope ya'll know I was referring to The Muslims and not as it was said Christian Arabs I think the word I was actually looking for was Mohammad so in that I gotta say my bad
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Addy wrote:
Or so you think I think they used it as an excuse i mean look around theyre doing everything they can to take God out of everything, personally to that kid I say Kudos and Spot on because like it was said he has the true meaning of Christmas

*opens big ass can of worms*
Like what? What is God being taken out of? I still see as much of him or her as I ever did.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Addy wrote:

*opens big ass can of worms*
Like what? What is God being taken out of? I still see as much of him or her as I ever did.

If the Americans that post here represent the average of your population, I`ll have to agree. Still plenty of God in God`s country Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:02 pm

Addy wrote:
As for the Allah, I hope ya'll know I was referring to The Muslims and not as it was said Christian Arabs I think the word I was actually looking for was Mohammad so in that I gotta say my bad

Gotcha
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Are you seriously asking me that? Are you freaking kidding me?
Do you not see all around you stupid stuff like this,

How bout the "In GOD we trust" theyve been trying to take that out for a long time, how bout the word God in the pledge of alligence

How bout prayer in schools? Freedom of religeon my ass!

Need i go on? To me at least its really obvious Im NOT saying they have taken God completely out of the picture and for that I am glad, but If the jackasses in government have it their way that would happen then America will be in one sad state indeed. I think that the only reason we as a nation are not worse off now is because of the Christians in America
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Addy wrote:
How bout the "In GOD we trust" theyve been trying to take that out for a long time, how bout the word God in the pledge of alligence

Not everybody believes in God you know, and if somebody doesn't, then there's no point at all in making them say something they don't believe.

Addy wrote:
How bout prayer in schools? Freedom of religeon my ass!

Uh...what? Is this a comment that there isn't prayer in schools and maybe there should be? Dude, any kid who wants to can pray in school. The Muslim kid in my class has to do it like 3 times a day. Just because it isn't a requirement doesn't mean it's completely outlawed or anything.

Addy wrote:
I think that the only reason we as a nation are not worse off now is because of the Christians in America

Good Christians like George Bush, right? Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Also, don't take this as an attack on Christianity, because that's not my intent. I'm just saying that not everything needs some weird religious undertone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Quote :
I think that the only reason we as a nation are so bad off now is because of the Christians in America

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Addy wrote:

I actually oppose this due to historical signifigance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus   Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Massachusetts 2nd-Grader Suspended for Drawing of Jesus
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next