Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

John Entwistle

Go down 
+6
XYZ
tohostudios
GrandNational
Schbopo
manny
Troublezone
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:38 pm

The guy was amazing. No one played bass like him in 60's... he was well ahead of his time. RIP OX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkKeZ1z8zGk&feature=related

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:46 pm

I agree with TZ, the guy was an incredible bassplayer and let us not forget a good songwriter who was overshadowed by Pete Townshend.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Agreed, Entwistle was amazing. He ever seemed very happy about it though.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:05 pm

My favorite bass player.....actually my favorite rock musician period. For me he made The Who. He was The Who. I loved his humor and his dedication to his craft.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:57 pm

"905"

My favorite Who song and penned by John Entwhistle.

Last edited by tohostudios on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:15 pm

I always liked "The Ox."

Greatest bass player ever. No doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Who would win in a "Look bored the most, while playing music?" John Entwistle or Charlie Watts?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:22 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Who would win in a "Look bored the most, while playing music?" John Entwistle or Charlie Watts?

That's easy, Charlie "concentration camp" Watts.

The one thing about the Stones is that the band members were so ugly to begin with that they have actually aged pretty well. But I always thought Watts looked like he could use a good meal.

Though I'm a big Stones fan, I gotta admit Charlie looks completely bored playing the same old songs over and over. Funny thing is, he also looks bored when those songs were new.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:28 pm

I agree with Toho, love the Stones but Charlie Watts always looks bored or like he is thinking of what he plans on watching on TV when the gig is over.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:54 pm

Whenever I saw a Stones video on MTV back in the day, Charlie Watts used to crack me up cuz he'd always look like he was about to nod off.

Marky Ramone of the Ramones has much the same vibe about him. Each time I saw the Ramones live, the rest of the guys would be blazing away, totally intense, yet Marky'd be parked back there behind the kit, cigarette dangling from his mouth, beatin' the crap out of the drums but not looking like he was exerting himself in the slightest. It was pretty fun to watch.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:51 pm

Quote :
Marky Ramone of the Ramones has much the same vibe about him. Each time I saw the Ramones live, the rest of the guys would be blazing away, totally intense, yet Marky'd be parked back there behind the kit, cigarette dangling from his mouth, beatin' the crap out of the drums but not looking like he was exerting himself in the slightest. It was pretty fun to watch.

That description fits Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick too.

As for the Ox, I was in Las Vegas with my wife when he died. The Who was playing the Hard Rock Hotel that night. I think it was the kick-off of their new tour. Obviously the show was cancelled. We didn't have tickets or anything, just happened to be there. I have a pic of myself in front of the hall doors where a make-shift shrine appeared that day.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:46 am

John just had one of those super mellow personalities. He was 'no nonsense'.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 am

John Entwistle was great. A very unconventional bass player. The same can be said of Keith Moon. The Who has an excellent rhythm section, and I don't think they often get the credit they deserve. Keith Moon's playing was often overshadowed by his wildman reputation, and Entwistle's talent by his stoic appearance. Both were great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

John Entwistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Entwistle   John Entwistle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Entwistle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: