Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity

Go down 
+3
A Handful of Wayne
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:41 pm

MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Brainstorm+Ambiguity--f

This might not be Brainstorm's all time best album, but nonetheless it's quite good, and, I might also add - underrated. I hardly ever hear anyone talking about this one.

Any other fans?

Last edited by Metallic Blaze on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:16 pm

I remember seeing these guys live a few years ago. They were pretty good (best band on the bill, since the other two were mediocre), but I've never listened to them on CD. Euro power metal isn't really my thing.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:12 pm

Even though they're from Europe, their style isn't really Euro-power metal. They have more of an American power metal style. It's a lot more aggressive.

It's certainly not flower metal.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:41 pm

Yea this is a great album. My only problem with them is that from this album and the next 2 or 3 after it they kind of followed the same pattern. I believe every second track starts off with some sort of drum solo haha and I always get songs confused. They are good though. I have kind of lost interest in them though since downburst was sort of a let down and the newest one is kind of got me the same way. what happened?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:55 pm

Going to have to be harsh here..

Used to own this one and a couple of other more recent Brainstorm ones. I have pretty much always disliked Brainstorm. The same way people tend to consider HammerFall sort of a poor copying of their influences, it always felt to me like Brainstorm was sort of the band in the way of people hearing the real stuff..Grave Digger, Rage come to mind. Same idea, but kind of..tweaked a little and just not as good. On this one, some of it musically is better than other albums they have, but man, the lyrics.. Hearing him sing something as absurd as 'CRUSH DEPTH! til the EEENNND of tiiiimmme!'..what???... yeah... a lot of awkward moments like that are here. At least it isn't Symphorce. Their vocalist had the right idea branching off into another band, he's not so bad, but that one is even worse than Brainstorm.

End rant, preparing for the rotten fruit. MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity 911681 MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Lol
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Brainstorm rule! So do Rage, Grave Digger and Running Wild.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:41 am

I love Brainstorm, and this is the album that got me into them.

I agree that they are way more influenced by the US power metal, and sound more similar to Iced Earth and Jag Panzer then they do Rage or Grave Digger.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:33 am

Ah, now I remember! It wasn't Brainstorm that I saw live, it was Symphorce.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:30 pm

I like Symphorce too, but not nearly as much as Brainstorm.

Also, it's my humble opinion that Brainstorm runs circles around Rage and Grave Digger. I'm not a fan of either of those bands though.

Running Wild is awesome. They are worthy to be compared to Brainstorm. But not the rest of em.

MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:31 pm

kmorg wrote:
I agree that they are way more influenced by the US power metal, and sound more similar to Iced Earth and Jag Panzer then they do Rage or Grave Digger.

Exactly friend! You know what I'm talking about!

MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity 395375 MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity 25679
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Great album from a great band. I'm a power metal fiend and these guys scratch the itch.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:17 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Great album from a great band. I'm a power metal fiend and these guys scratch the itch.

MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity 11840 MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity 604261 MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity 438278 MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity 778825
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:29 pm

I have this one, but it's been so long since I've spun it that I don't recall much about it. I was into Brainstorm for awhile there, but kinda lost interest. Not just them, but the power metal genre as a whole.

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity   MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 12/12. Brainstorm ~ Ambiguity
Page 1 of 1