Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOZZY (New Album/Song)

Go down 
+11
Black Coffee
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
Lari
Hamer12
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
Eyesore
Troublezone
MetalRob331
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Nevermind. Greed go the better of me and I picked it up a few hours ago. Very Happy

Eyesore wrote:
Just went out to look for it and the new Dream Evil. Neither was in stock. Lame.

Best Buy had Fozzy for $7.99. I got the last copy. They don't have a Dream Evil section, so I hopped over to FYE at the mall and picked up that one for $14.99. Also the last (only?) copy.
Probably the only copies. A lot of stores will only buy one copy of certain releases. Kind of lame. Good to know the Fozzy is $7.99 at Best Buy, though. I always forget to check with them first. They're always selling stuff cheaper these days, and often with exclusive bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:07 am

I got the $7.99 copy at Best Buy. The album is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:18 am

Streaming this album again......I think its about one or two songs to long. They could have cut the Friday the 13th song at least.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:36 am

Odd way to stir up some promotion your new album... FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Drunken_smilie

Quote :
According to TMZ.com, FOZZY frontman/WWE wrestler Chris Jericho was arrested at a gas station in Kentucky early Wednesday morning (January 27) after cops say he and a fellow wrestler were both "extremely intoxicated" in public.

39-year-old Jericho was taken into custody in Kenton County around 5 a.m. for "alcohol intoxication in a public place."

Jericho was released on $120 bond.

According to Kentucky state law, an arrest is usually made when a police officer is suspicious of an individual when the person "appears in a public place manifestly under the influence of alcohol to the degree that he may endanger himself or other persons or property, or unreasonably annoy persons in his vicinity."

A first-time offense requires the individual to be booked at the local jail and be charged with a small fine, usually between $25 and $50.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:47 pm

It's illegal to be drunk?

That's lame.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:47 pm

You can get arrested for annoying people? Haha. Ah, Kentucky. Love that chicken.

By the way, my Best Buy ain't selling this for $7.99. I don't know if that's a mistake or not, but it's lame.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 pm

No $7.99 sticker or it didn't ring up $7.99?

I've given most of this album a listen and my feeling is basically the same for the rest of their stuff -- it's okay. Honestly, if I wasn't such a fan of Jericho, I probably wouldn't have picked this one up. It's too much like the lame stuff on radio.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Quote :
Honestly, if I wasn't such a fan of Jericho, I probably wouldn't have picked this one up. It's too much like the lame stuff on radio.

That's my take on Fozzy in general.

I love Rich Ward and have all the Stuck Mojo albums but the Fozzy stuff just doesn't really do anything for me. It's not bad really, just sort of "there".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:51 pm

They were fun as a cover band/tribute to '80s metal, but they've crossed over to trying to be current (actually, I would say they have more of an early '00s sound now Razz) and mainstream and it just doesn't work, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:03 am

I just wanted to say the new album rules.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:02 pm

This is a great album and more than makes up for the last one. Still has the modern feel to it but it is full of melody, hooks, solos, riffs, and the best vocals from Jericho yet. There is even a little bit of prog (via keyboards) in the epic finale of the album. So far it is a contender for my top list this year (though it's a bit too early in the game to tell).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:23 pm

After a few spins i have to say it's not as good as i originally thought. It probably won't be a keeper.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:11 pm

Local ATL metal favorite sons HALCYON WAY will open for FOZZY in the UK later this year(May)!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOZZY (New Album/Song)   FOZZY (New Album/Song) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOZZY (New Album/Song)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2