Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Computer games and Violence / Anger problems

Go down 
+8
TheGooch
Orion Crystal Ice
DallasBlack
Addy
mc666
Schbopo
exact33
metalheaded
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Empty
PostSubject: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 4:26 pm

OK this isn't a thread about the amount of Violence in games as such, it's more to concerning the anger and violence that can be brought on when a game isn't going the way you want lol! So the woman is out at work and due to injury I'm at home bored senseless, so I decided to try and put this Xbox360 to test.

Looked through the few games that were here and choose the lastest Smackdown vs Raw 2010 game, mainly 'cause you can create a wrestler from scratch, so anyway things were going well and time was flying so next thing I end up in a match with where you have to place the other guy through a table (sounds simple), well 28 minutes later I hoped the controller of the ground and f**ked the Xbox makers to a height.

Half way through the match I did an online search with google to see how it's done, but do do you think that was easy, I know there are guys and girls who can do this stuff with their eyes closed but me ...............

Anyone else ever get mad with something so stupid for no simple reason ?
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 7:18 pm

Quote :
well 28 minutes later I hoped the controller of the ground and f**ked the Xbox makers to a height.

What does all that mean? scratch

And yeah, I know what you mean...when I used to play video games, I'd get super-ticked, especially when I knew I jumped at the right time, or whatever, and my guy didn't cooperate. That used to tick me off royally, and I'd really give the controller a good whippin, haha...

I tend to get ticked at stupid stuff a lot. I know it doesn't make much sense to do that, but sometimes things happen that are just so stupid and unreasonable, so it ticks me off.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 7:48 pm

I hate new videogames. Atari is the system for me!!!

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:19 pm

metalheaded wrote:
Quote :
well 28 minutes later I hoped the controller of the ground and f**ked the Xbox makers to a height.

What does all that mean? scratch .

Sorry I ment to say I hopped the controller off of the ground in anger as the bloody match was going on so long and I had more tables than a furniture store, but do you think I could put the other guy through any of them ?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:21 pm

exact33 wrote:

The old games are way more frustrating than the new ones, though. Play "Super Ghouls And Ghosts" on the SNES and see if you don't break you controller by the second lever.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:45 pm

Schbopo wrote:
exact33 wrote:

The old games are way more frustrating than the new ones, though. Play "Super Ghouls And Ghosts" on the SNES and see if you don't break you controller by the second lever.

I much prefer spyhunter!

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:07 pm

i haven't really gotten mad at a video game before, but little things do sometimes piss me off majorly. like when my ipod refuses to get the album tracks in order, no matter how much i edit the info in itunes.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:12 pm

I like to play MLB 07 The Show on the PS2
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:27 pm

My biggest video game frustration moment was when I was playing Breathe Of Fire on Playstation. Normally role playing games are about stragety and not great remote skills but this one had little mini games that required it and you had to complete them to move on. That didn't become a problem til it came to this game where I had to real in a fish (that would turn into the next boss). You had to push a button repeatedly in order to reel it in. If you went too slow you'd fail and if you went too fast you'd fail. You had to find the right rhythm but I couldn't do it. I went through it up to 15 times before throwing my remote down in anger and giving up. Being the stubborn spaz I am I tried again this time with the mindset that if I couldn't do it in three tries I'd give up on it completly (didn't happen and I never played it again-which really sucked because I was enjoying the storyline).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:35 am

Zelda, the first one, NES, I finally got enough rupees to buy the awesome armor, and the game froze, and my mom was vacuuming, and it was all too much at once, and I had to cap a n***a. That's real.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Zelda, the first one, NES, I finally got enough rupees to buy the awesome armor, and the game froze, and my mom was vacuuming, and it was all too much at once, and I had to cap a n***a. That's real.

That reminds me of my Zelda experience. It involved the seqal, Link's Awakening. I could not defeat the first boss and I was getting frustrated but eventually I defeated him and I defeated 5-6 bosses (don't remember exactly the last boss I fought has a big flail (like the one the Witch King had in LotR but more spherical). I forgot to do reset/power (which was necessary to reduce the chance it not saving) and lost all the information. I was never able to beat the first boss again after that (one of these days I hope to get my Nintendo working to give it another try-I'm thinking after 20 years I could do it this time).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:14 pm

Quote :
when my ipod refuses to get the album tracks in order, no matter how much i edit the info in itunes.

Dude, I HATE that!!

No matter what I do, I cannot get Genesis' Turn It On Again: The Hits to go in the right order...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:10 pm

hmm i play a lot of halo 3 online and its never made me angry. i find it relieves stress or makes you want a cigarette but never anhry
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Dang

My desktop monitor receives the brunt of my verbal abuse when playing Counter Strike Source / Insurgency / Diablo 2, my keyboard occasionally gets smashed by my fists and I have to re-attach the little things that angle it upward towards you, and when my comp really pisses my off I end up light-mildly kicking the corner frame section (b/c that part is more durable than the rest)
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:53 pm

The only video games that frustrate me these days are sports or driving games because they're usually programmed to CHEAT if you're kicking the computer's ass too hard.

Otherwise games today are incredibly easy compared to what they used to be. I just beat Brutal Legend on its hardest difficulty and while I had fun with the game I was only occasionally challenged by it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Space Invaders has been pissing me off since I was ten years old. Once you've shot away all the other Invaders, the last remaining one goes back-and-forth-and-back-and-forth across the frickin screen SO FAST that I can NEVER nail the little @#$%!!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
when my ipod refuses to get the album tracks in order, no matter how much i edit the info in itunes.

No matter what I do, I cannot get Genesis' Turn It On Again: The Hits to go in the right order...
Have you no shame.....at all?! fainting

lol!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:50 pm

Freddy, I'm a proud destroyer of controllers and game systems since Super NES!

I also destroyed a couple Commodore 64 Joy sticks playing Karateka! OH I HATE THAT GAME!!! Computer games and Violence / Anger problems 251456
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer games and Violence / Anger problems   Computer games and Violence / Anger problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer games and Violence / Anger problems
Page 1 of 1