Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old singers who still deliver

Go down 
+20
metalheaded
Metal Misfit
holydiver97595
GrandNational
Troublezone
Schbopo
manny
jerseyultifan+
DeathCult
James B.
tohostudios
QuothTheRaven
Metallic Blaze
Thrasher73
ultmetal
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Grimmo
Mglaffas81
Gilbert
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 DonDokken

I saw Dokken three times and Don was terrible live. He sounded horrible and had no stage presence whatsoever. Even my wife was asking, "what's wrong with that singer?" However, I saw them again a fourth time opening for Whitesnake and Scorpions and he was much better, though he still sounded a bit strained. At least his feet weren't stapled to the stage that time.

That sucks. I've never saw Dokken live. Would love to.

I was just going by how he sounds in the studio. Their last album was pretty good, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:45 pm

UDO, UDO, UDO Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:11 pm

Here's who immediately comes to mind:

Klaus Meine
Dio
David Coverdale
Alice Cooper
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

I saw Dokken three times and Don was terrible live. He sounded horrible and had no stage presence whatsoever. Even my wife was asking, "what's wrong with that singer?" However, I saw them again a fourth time opening for Whitesnake and Scorpions and he was much better, though he still sounded a bit strained. At least his feet weren't stapled to the stage that time.

I was just going by how he sounds in the studio. Their last album was pretty good, don't you think?
Always sounds good in the studio.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:51 pm

Bobby 'Blitz' Ellsworth (the man is one of the best vocalists in metal)

Rob Halford

Bruce Dickinson

Chuck Billy (although he doesn't really do the higher screams anymore...I don't know if he just can't, or just chooses to keep it 'heavier'...)

Michael Sweet

Tim Owens (how old is he? He's been singing for at least 20 years, or so)

Michael Kiske (I know, not into metal anymore, but the man can still deliver the goods just fine, and proves it on guest spots on metal albums)

Chris Boltendahl (sounds just as good, if not better, than he did 25 years ago)

Blackie Lawless

Dave Mustaine

Dee Snider
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Quote :
Quote :

Speaking of Dokken, here's a clip from a show the other day with Don and George reuniting on stage for the first time in years - this will give you a good idea what Don sounds like live:

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:27 am

Oh wow - yeah, that is pretty bad.

He's sounds good part of the time though.

But - I am a Dokken fanboy though. So I'm admittedly biased.

Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:20 am

Actually, the times I've seen Dokken, Jeff Pilson sang better than Don Dokken. His backing vocals were excellent, as they were on the clip above.

Maybe Don should put down the damn cigarettes. You'd think as a singer, he'd know how destructive those stinkin' cancer sticks are to his voice.

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:00 am

Quote :
Maybe Don should put down the damn cigarettes cocaine.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:25 am

]
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Maybe Don should put down the damn cigarettes cocaine.

Fixed.

LOL!!!! Here's another clip from the show with Don asking George if he has any coke:

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:53 am

Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Eric+adams

Manowar may suck nowadays, but my God can Eric still sing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Biff still sounds pretty good.
James Rivera
Dug Pinnick
Mustaine
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 pm

Steve Grimmett
Dee Snider
Rob Halford
King Diamond
Chuck Billy
Klaus Meine
RJ Dio
Alan Tecchio
Messiah Marcolin
Robert Lowe
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:34 pm

This is a great thread and gives me comfort metal will be around for a long time to come!

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Great calls on King Diamond and Eric Adams!!! They both sound just as good today as they ever did!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Great calls on King Diamond and Eric Adams!!! They both sound just as good today as they ever did!!

except Eric Adams needs to join the Ross the Boss band...

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:34 pm

exact33 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

except Eric Adams needs to join the Ross the Boss band...

I know I'm in the minority here (though I'm not alone as there are about 4 of us), but I actually like Manowar's recent output. It's not their best - but it's still quite good to me.

But I also agree with you that Ross the Boss RULES!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Yeah, when my wife & I saw Dokken back in 2000, I thought it was pretty terrible. I mean, he could hardly hit any of the notes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old singers who still deliver   Old singers who still deliver - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old singers who still deliver
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2