Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anvil This is Thirteen

Go down 
+7
James B.
jstate
powermacho
thejokeriv
ultmetal
akeldama
Glenn Rogers
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Anvil This is Thirteen Empty
PostSubject: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Anyone pick this one up? I have to say I think it is pretty good...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Yeah, I have it and it's good. I know what to expect when I listen to Anvil.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:34 pm

I've had it for a couple years and think it's prime Anvil. Good straight forward metal! They've been one of my favorite bands 30 years running.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:48 pm

Good album!!! The production is excellent and I like it even more after seeing Anvil: The Story Of Anvil!!!
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:50 pm

I agree with you Scott, I was there when they did their live album in San Pedro...

The production is nice, they made Lip's Fender amps sound big... Rob is the star of the cd for sure...That guy can drum for anyone...Good cd...
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:36 am

the album is pretty good,l it is one of their best albums
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:18 am

I like the album a lot (easily a top ten for the year). My only complaint is that it is a little long at thirteen songs plus the bonus track. Of course cutting some of the weaker songs destroys the thirteen theme. So it's an empty complaint really.

No question "Should'A Would'A Could'A" is my song of the year for 2009.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:16 am

I like Thumb Hang, and This is Thirteen. It's all good to me.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
I agree with you Scott, I was there when they did their live album in San Pedro...

The production is nice, they made Lip's Fender amps sound big... Rob is the star of the cd for sure...That guy can drum for anyone...Good cd...

me like....and yes Rob is a solid player

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Rob is the star of the cd for sure...That guy can drum for anyone...

QFT! Watching live clips of the band, he makes it look easy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Got this one for Christmas from my brother. I'm a-diggin' it. Fave tracks thus far are "Burning Bridges," "Big Business," "Feed the Greed" and "Thumb Hang."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:16 pm

There's a special edition of their documentary with this album included. Looked like the packaging was cool (looks like some sort of really cool case, at least it's what I hoped for), but no, it's just a slipcase. Disappointing as well considering it costs £15. Still might be a cheap way of getting both.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Good stuff, missed it the first time around and it encouraged me to pick up Hard 'n' Heavy along with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:44 am

The movie was interesting...but after seeing Anvil perform on That Metal Show, I'd say it's pretty obvious why they never got big.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anvil This is Thirteen   Anvil This is Thirteen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anvil This is Thirteen
Page 1 of 1