Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!

Go down 
+7
Thrasher73
exact33
Metallic Blaze
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Wargod
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Empty
PostSubject: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:01 pm

Well this is one of my all time favorite metal bands Primal Fear. You either love them or hate them. Considering how long they have been around they have forged a credible discography in the 10+ years. I think their latest effort is the best IMO they finally forged their sound the way they wanted to.

www.myspace.com/primalfearofficial

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:23 pm

I liked their earlier stuff, when they were labeled as Judas Priest/Painkiller clones. Nuclear Fire is probably my favorite. As they started to break from that mold and create more of their own sound, I started losing interest. The last album I heard from them was Seven Seals and it left me sorta "meh". Not a bad album, but I was just getting burned out on the power metal genre overall.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I liked their earlier stuff, when they were labeled as Judas Priest/Painkiller clones. Nuclear Fire is probably my favorite. As they started to break from that mold and create more of their own sound, I started losing interest. The last album I heard from them was Seven Seals and it left me sorta "meh". Not a bad album, but I was just getting burned out on the power metal genre overall.

I could have written this exact thing except my favorite is Devil's Ground.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Love the first two PFs, especially JAWS OF DEATH. After that they started spinning their wheels for a couple of records and started makin' the same album every year if you know what I mean. So I kinda slept thru NUCLEAR FIRE, BLACK SUN and DEVILS GROUND but then on their last few CDs (SEVEN SEALS, NEW RELIGION and 16.6) they started grabbing me again. They were Judas Priest Junior for an awfully long time but they finally started putting their own stamp on it and developing "their" sound on those last few albums.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nuclear Fire was the 1st one I heard from them, so that's always gonna have sentimental value to me.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:02 pm

I'm with Wargod on this one! Primal Fear is one of my all time favorite bands! They can do no wrong. I'm a total fanboy. Each album is good.

My fave is "Seven Seals", although, "16.6" is very close behind.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nuclear Fire was the 1st one I heard from them, so that's always gonna have sentimental value to me.

Funny you say that because Devil's Ground was my first exposure to the band and I know that's one reason why I consider it my favorite.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:05 pm

Great Band. All you really could ever want in a power metal band.

Alex

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Thats pretty much how I feel as well.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:29 pm

I was just listening to them earlier this week, and forgot how much I liked them!

"Church of Blood" is my favorite track.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Great band and creators of one of my favorite metal anthems, Metal Is Forever!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:53 pm

I liked everything they have done except Seven Seals. The new one is awesome!! My favorite though is Nuclear Fire!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:40 pm

Was listening to the Metal Is Forever anthology just now...such a great band!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:41 pm

Saw them live in Oslo 2 night ago. They were her with Brainstorm. Only 50 people showed up, but both bands gave it their all, so it was awesome. Ralph, Matt and Henny even came down off the stage, and played half a song in the audience!

I also just read that the tourbus, with both bands, went off the road on the trip between Oslo and Bergen! Luckily all went well, but the gig in Bergen was cancelled.

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!   Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wargod's band of the week, Primal Fear!
Page 1 of 1