Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master

Go down 
+16
A Handful of Wayne
BillRoxx
GrandNational
kmorg
Olafsto
DeathCult
ultmetal
biddle
powermacho
jerseyultifan+
shamgar75
Chairman_Smith
James B.
exact33
Metallic Blaze
mr.electric39
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:14 am

Got mine today. First Ultimatum cd I ever heard all the way through and it wont be my last. Good Stuff!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:06 pm

Cool. Glad you like it. Vocals are a lot less harsh on that album. I use to get compared to Bon Scott, Steve Zousa and Udo a lot in those days.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:58 pm

Listened to this 2 or 3 times now, a great package put together by Roxx. I can't spot any glaring flaws in this one, I need to hear the original to compare.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:35 pm

Got mine today (actually came Saturday) and am opening the shrinkwrap now!

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:18 am

kethdredd wrote:
Listened to this 2 or 3 times now, a great package put together by Roxx. I can't spot any glaring flaws in this one, I need to hear the original to compare.

Let me know what you think when you compare the two. I think it's night and day. Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 11840

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:13 am

Got mine today too! Sounds fantastic. I'm so glad that this finally happened Very Happy

Quite embarrased (sp?) by the spelling errors on my part though. Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_redface

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:30 am

I compared them side by side the other day and was VERY impressed by the difference. First, I played 'Never' from the original CD, with the remastered version lined up right after. When the remaster came on, I had to turn the speakers down right away because the volume setting for the original song was just too loud for the new one! That rocks! Also, it was just so much fuller sounding...it makes the original almost sound like a demo.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 pm

I think Sid did a great job with what he had to work with. I mean, it's the same recording. The limits of 1990's digital recording will always be there. The drums were triggered, the guitars went direct, so there isn't too much we could change about guitar tones and drums sounds. However, the overall album is much beefier and sounds more like I remember it in the studio. I really like the less 'boomy' sound of the toms in 'Never' too.

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:19 pm

I can best describe the original Puppet as "sterile" and the new remaster as "full and rich". It really is like a different album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:22 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I can best describe the original Puppet as "sterile" and the new remaster as "full and rich". It really is like a different album.

I does sound a lot more 'there' than the original. Nice package all the way around.

Alex

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:30 am

Just got my copy today. WOW! This completely annihilates the original mix. Great job guys. It definitely has heavier overtones and I don't ever remember enjoying the original one as much as this one. Loss for Retroactive Records, gain for Roxx Productions!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:57 am

GrandNational wrote:
Just got my copy today. WOW! This completely annihilates the original mix. Great job guys. It definitely has heavier overtones and I don't ever remember enjoying the original one as much as this one. Loss for Retroactive Records, gain for Roxx Productions!

Agreed!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:27 am

kmorg wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Agreed!

Matt didn't want to release Puppet because it is not a hard to find CD. It is still easily available on Ebay, Amazon, etc. Rad Rockers has a ton of them. When Diamante took the original pressing out or print, they sold their remaining stock to Rad Rockers for cheap.

However, Bill at Roxx knew that it could sound so much better if properly mastered and decided to go with it despite those old copies still floating around. I'm glad he did. I much prefer the new version to the old.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:31 am

ultmetal wrote:

Rad Rockers has a ton of them.

That's where I got my copy of PUPPET about seven or eight years ago. It was my intro to Ultimatum!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:51 pm

I havent even heard mine yet..Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 pm

I listened to the Fatal Delay demo at lunch today.

...umm....you've come a long way, baby!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:58 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

we need one of those cigarette posters!!!

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:01 pm

Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 1989_v_slims_ad
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:26 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

See, I told you all that it sucked. Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 78889

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:35 pm

I like it. ok so its not Into the Pit or Puppet of Destruction. It's still not bad for a demo and is cool to have just for the history.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master   Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimatum Puppet Of Destruction re-master
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2