Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB

Go down 
+19
krokus
thejokeriv
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
mc666
ohwellmonkey
Metal Misfit
James B.
ultmetal
Lurideath
Schbopo
nevermore
DeathCult
Troublezone
akeldama
manny
ghost
stepcousin
fingers
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Empty
PostSubject: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:23 am

I have been listening to AC/DC's forgotten period albums like Flick of the Switch, Fly on the Wall, Who Made Who and gotta say they are still pretty good Haven't listened to For those about to Rock We Salute You and Blow up Your Video. Brian Johnson is obviously an outstanding singer the best replacement for Bon Scott even though I do prefer Bon Scot though because his singing is a little bit warmer and I prefer his song writing but Brian Johnson's songwriting is good as well. Bon Scot actually was a huge fan of Geordie and thought Brian Johnson was a very good singer so if Bon came back from the dead he'd be pleased with AC/DC with Brian Johnson, heres a little trivia if any of you don't know Marc Storace from Krokus was offered to replace Bon Scott but he declined. About the albums I can understand why fans hated Flick of The Switch because its more melancholy and they brought back the raw sound which probably didn't appeal to the fans after polished albums like Back in Black but besides that I like the album with Fly On the Wall is really good as well songs like Sink the Pink, Fly on the Wall and Stand Up are one of the songs ever written from the Brian Johnson era. Who Made Who is not a bad combination album
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:31 am

"For those about to rockkkkk.......FIRE!!*explosion*...WE SALUTE YOU!!"

no contest.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:26 am

Blow up your video. a very underrated album in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 8:19 am

'Flick of the Switch' a very underrated album and the band writes songs in a bluesier vein such as 'Nervous Shakedown' 'Badlands' and also has great AC/DC riff rockers such as the title track, 'Guns for Hires' and 'Bedlam and Belgium'
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:07 am

It's a tie between FTATR...WSY & FOTS.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:25 am

For Those about to Rock!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:23 am

Flick Of The Switch
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:15 am

Flick Of The Switch, though I also really enjoy Fly On The Wall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:50 am

For Those About To Rock
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:53 am

I'm gonna cheat and go with "Who Made Who".
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Flick of the Switch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:59 pm

I like Flick better then BIB, maybe because the songs didn't get overplayed on radio.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Flick of the Switch.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:51 pm

The only album I have listened to all the way through after Back in Black is For Those About To Rock. AC/DC thrived after Bon's death but to me they died with him. They say Back in Black is a tribute to him, but the way I see it, he more than likely wrote most if not all of the lyrics for it. The lp was finished barely 4 1/2 months after his death. What band goes from supossed pre-production to finished product that fast? The style of lyrical content fits more Bon's style on previous lps than anyting Brian wrote afterwards. I am happy for the success, but IMHO the two versions of the band are night and day.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:59 pm

James B. wrote:
The only album I have listened to all the way through after Back in Black is For Those About To Rock. AC/DC thrived after Bon's death but to me they died with him. They say Back in Black is a tribute to him, but the way I see it, he more than likely wrote most if not all of the lyrics for it. The lp was finished barely 4 1/2 months after his death. What band goes from supossed pre-production to finished product that fast? The style of lyrical content fits more Bon's style on previous lps than anyting Brian wrote afterwards. I am happy for the success, but IMHO the two versions of the band are night and day.

My thoughts exactly James B. And if that were to be true why didn't they ever say it as such?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:43 am

I know the more popular songs from those albums, but I do not own and have never listened to any of them. After BIB, my next AC/DC album is The Razor's Edge. I recently added them all to my wishlist though.
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 6:18 pm

i'll say highway to hell. rocks my house the most
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 6:19 pm

ghost wrote:
i agree, it's my favorite Brian Johnson era release. although Who Made Who is still my favorite song from that era.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 6:24 pm

'Blow Up Your Video' has some great gems on their , such 'Go Zone' 'Meanstreak' 'Sum Sin for Nuthin' and my favorite on the album 'Two's Up' which features one of Brian Johnson's best little couplets:

High up
When you're lookin' down
Then you see two animals just foolin' you around
Stray dogs
Gonna take them in
Don't know what your names are
Where you're goin' and where ya been
All day it's difficult to say, who is doin'
What was doing what to who, who's callin' out the play
I love, the way you slide an' slip
I like the way you girls work out
And make a partnership
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 6:48 pm

ohwellmonkey wrote:
i'll say highway to hell. rocks my house the most

Ummm...1979...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:28 pm

It would be between "Flick of the Switch" & "Fly on the Wall" for me, with Fly getting the nod. I know that the production isn't as great on "Fly on the Wall", but maybe that's why it's a little more endearing to me. It sounds less studio, and more garage.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:06 pm

For Those About TO Rock
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:26 pm

ghost wrote:

I agree, a great album. I am going to play it later.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:24 pm

FLICK OF THE SWITCH most underated album out that period imo....

BRAIN SHAKE BRAIN SHAKE !!!! It's a SHAKEDOWN and it's a NERVOUS SHAKEDOWN!!! or BEDLAM IN BELGIUM came for a goodtime and left on the RUN !!!! awesome stuff.

Just like POWERAGE in Bon's era, which I keep seeing that the boys keep playing in Europe.... I mean WHAT'S NEXT TO THE MOON love it!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Seconding the vote for BLOW UP YOUR VIDEO. That album gets no love but it's a good'un. I saw AC/DC for the first time when they toured for that album and it blew up my mind!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB   Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best AC/DC album in the 80s after BIB
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next