Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Empty
PostSubject: Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!   Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Ok again a differnet genre last week nwobhm now progressive/power from the Austrailian band Black Majesty. Currently in the studio recording their 4th cd.

www.myspace.com/blackmajesty

BLACK MAJESTY – the story so far…
Australian melodic power metal band Black Majesty return with their eagerly anticipated third album ‘Tomorrowland’. Following the paths laid out by them by Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Helloween, Black Majesty have continued to build on their own brand of Australian melodic power metal. The bands first two album’s Sands of Time (2003) and Silent Company (2005) launched the band in a big way with Black Majesty being one of the best sellers for their German label Limb Music Products. Black Majesty caught the eye of many over the past few years having being hand picked by DragonForce to support them on their Australian wide 2006 tour whilst also picking up supports with Edguy and Hammerfall.
The new album Tomorrowland demonstrates characteristics of a tougher, faster pace yet still melodic package which is apparent more than ever before. Singer John Cavaliere continues to show off his emotionally charged vocals on songs like ‘Into the Black’ and Evil In Your Eyes’ whilst the twin guitar attack of Stevie Janevski and Hanny Mohamed are again highlighted on songs such as the opener ‘Forever Damned’ and the title track ‘Tomorrowland’ with their guitar acrobatics and harmonies. Things are rounded out by the thunderous rhythm section of Pavel Konvalinka on drums and Evan Harris on bass evident on the song ‘Bleeding World’. Tomorrowland certainly mixes it up for everyone. A nice surprise on the album comes in the bands rendition of the Deep Purple classic tune Soldier of Fortune.
A strong draw card on the live scene Black Majesty's guitarist's Stevie Janevski and Hanny Mohamed have also attracted the attention of musical instrument companies such as Jackson Guitars, Hughes & Kettner Amplification, and Dean Markley strings with endorsements further demonstrating the high quality musicianship - with Australian Guitar Magazine describing the band as one of the brightest metal talents to come from down under.
Proudly wearing their influences on their sleeves Black Majesty are inspired to play the style of metal they are most passionate about. Old school is something that does not bother the band. Respectful of the music and bands they grew up on and still appreciate as metal-heads today. Coming from Australia which for the most has not been recognized as a heavy metal country makes it all the more interesting with influences ranging from European and US metal while also incorporating the band's own Australian heritage.
"It was never hip to listen to metal here. It was definitely underground but we still grew up listening to classics such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio, Queensryche to name just a few. I certainly was into it in a big way and the whole band still are. We're all fans of metal make no mistake about that. Everything from the bands, the live shows and also the imagery. For us the music is so powerful that it is also reflected in the band's album covers. It kind of goes together. The whole metal concept is something special. It's all part of the package", explains guitarist Hanny. Art work on the new Black Majesty album is again handled by Dirk Illing (Wizard, Paragon) which brings back the art style of the yesteryear.
Black Majesty had an enormous 2007 and 2008 and things are not slowing up. Busy promoting their new album Tomorrowland Black Majesty returned to Australia following a European Tour where they played major Heavy Metal Festivals including Wacken Open Air in Germany, Masters of Rock Festival and Metal Universe Festivals. Black Majesty shared the stage with international Metal Giants like Blind Guardian, Motorhead, Iced Earth, Hammerfal, Edguy, Masterplan, Children of Bodom and Stratovarius to name a few. Stefan Belik of Bright Eyes Wacken review team said Black Majesty shared “unbelievable guitar work and one of the most impressive voices of the 2007 WOA festival”. Black Majesty supported international heavyweights Helloween and Saxon in 2008 on their Australian tours, again to very favorable reviews.
2009 sees the band begin work on a new album and more touring, with support slots already booked for Paul Dianno’s (ex Iron Maiden) upcoming Australian May/June tour.
Tomorrowland is out now through Limb Music Products.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!   Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:18 pm

I have Sands Of Time and Silent Company. I like Sands of Time but wasn't too happy with Silent Company.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!   Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:09 pm

They are still together, eh? I think I own one of their album. It's in the still-not-listened-to-properly pile, with 500 other bands/titles.....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!   Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:26 pm

kmorg wrote:
They are still together, eh? I think I own one of their album. It's in the still-not-listened-to-properly pile, with 500 other bands/titles.....

I've got quite a few of those piles laying around too. Some in the kitchen, some in the basement, some in the car...even some in the garage.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!   Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:13 am

I've heard lots of good things about this band!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!   Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:03 am

tohostudios wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I've got quite a few of those piles laying around too. Some in the kitchen, some in the basement, some in the car...even some in the garage.

Me three. There is no rest for the wicked Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!   Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

And here I thought you would some Black Majesty! If not got get some!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!   Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:19 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

And here I thought you would some Black Majesty! If not got get some!

Wargod50

Yeah, you're right! This stuff is right up my alley! I need to get me some! I should be ashamed of myself for not having anything!

Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! 447763
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!   Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:18 pm

I know where you can get some...

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!   Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:53 pm

Toho, you got PM!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!   Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wargod's band of the week, Black Majesty!
Page 1 of 1