Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who saw Anvil on Conan?

Go down 
+18
manny
sam
Wargod
GrandNational
akeldama
Olafsto
metalheaded
JBall_Z
T-Roy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
James B.
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
stevegarveyfan
325ad
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:36 am

I watched their performance on FB thanks to a clip FF posted and I personally thought it was a tight and fun performance.

Maybe in 2009 it seems a little corny to some but even if I hated their music I admire their dedication and their spirit.
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:25 am

Thanks for posting the video. I missed it. Sounded great to me!!! Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 877540 Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 877540 Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 877540
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:35 am

That's so cool the Conan had them on.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:49 am

Quote :
That's so cool the Conan had them on.

Yeah, it is. I wonder how that all came about? Does Conan have some kind of connection to those guys somehow? Is he an old metalhead???
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:17 am

it's because their documentary was being released this week and it has gotten quite a bit of notoriety.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:18 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
it's because their documentary was being released this week and it has gotten quite a bit of notoriety.
Here's hoping the documentary is better. Laughing very hard Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 82702
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:01 pm

I saw them. I thought it was great! KISS was on Letterman the same night so I watched them on youtube the next day.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:28 pm

I am glad these guys are getting some attention, but for sure they will never be considered as metal Gods, and I think they are not planing to achieve that. As Mentioned before here some comparisons with Spinal Tap. That should be a joke, since Spinal Tap sucks musically, rather than Anvil has some great albums on their career, even their last one is a good one.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:35 am

Anvil has some very fast material. Robb Reiner is a monster drummer. Take a listen to the fast footwork of a song like Dr. Kevorkian or Park That Truck.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:22 am

powermacho wrote:
As Mentioned before here some comparisons with Spinal Tap. That should be a joke, since Spinal Tap sucks musically.

The guys in Spinal Tap can play rings around a lot of "real" bands IMO.

ultmetal wrote:
Robb Reiner is a monster drummer.

Yes, he is! I've seen him live and it's amazing to watch!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who saw Anvil on Conan?   Who saw Anvil on Conan? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who saw Anvil on Conan?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2