Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Masquerade *King's X fans look here*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Empty
PostSubject: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 6:58 pm

Anyone into this Swedish progressive hard rock band?

At times they remind me of a Swedish King's X.

Here's a link to check them out!

http://www.myspace.com/masqueradeswedishband

Let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:42 pm

I think I own a couple of their albums. The debut sounde more like TNT though...

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:44 pm

The debut sounded a lot like old TNT, then the second album was like a blend of old Queensryche and Alice In Chains...then the 3rd album was a LOT like King's X...the first 2 are my fave, but the 3rd has its moments...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:36 am

I think I have the third one. It's the only one I've got.

But man - it TOTALLY reminds me of King's X. You can tell they must love King's X. Though it's not a rip-off.

I'll have to get those first two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:20 am

You'll be surprised at how different the other 2 records are...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:51 am

Their 4th (In Disguise), which I believe was recorded before their first is a return to that TNT sound. I love this band, and have for 15 years or so.

The first album is kinda hard to find, Surface and Flux you can find for peanuts and In Disguise is moderately priced around the web.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:01 am

I've never heard of In Disguise...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:07 am

http://www.nehrecords.com/SHOP/MasqueradeDisguise.htm

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/masquerade
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:10 am

Oh, wait...that cover looks familiar...I need to check this out...thanks!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:32 am

I have Surface of Pain and Flux. I'm not a fan or either TNT or King's X, so I can't make any comparrisons, but I do like both discs. Decent melodic hard rock if I remember correctly. Haven't heard them in a while. Maybe I'll break some out this week.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:35 pm

To be honest, I've owned "Flux" for a few years now. Picked it up in the bargain bin somewhere. I saw it was on 'Metal Blade Records' and thought I couldn't lose for just a buck or so.

Anyway ... the first few times I spun it - it didn't do much for me. So I just set it aside for a while.

I'm glad I didn't get rid of it, because in time this album really grew on me! I love grower albums. They tend to be long-term favorites.

When I took this album out on Saturday and spun it on my way to the store, I was FLOORED! I could hardly believe how much they eminated King's X, without ripping them off!

I'm a major fan on TNT, so I'm looking forward to checking out their other stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:34 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I wanna hear that too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:41 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I wanna hear that too!

Here's a sample:

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=UKBHbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Good stuff, i'll have to hunt them down.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Ya know, for the life of me, I can't remember where I got these discs. I have them in my collection, but I don't recall purchasing or trading for them. They are obscure enough not to show up in a used shop and I know I didn't purchase them brand new. Weird.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:06 am

This band kicks ass! I got Surface Of Pain back in the mid-90s and loved it!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:06 am

7thSaviour wrote:
This band kicks ass! I got Surface Of Pain back in the mid-90s and loved it!

Masquerade *King's X fans look here* 877540
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade *King's X fans look here*   Masquerade *King's X fans look here* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Masquerade *King's X fans look here*
Page 1 of 1