Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guardian Re-Issue News

Go down 
+9
Sutekh
Troublezone
Metallic Blaze
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
kmorg
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:32 am

He does have a bit of that Don Dokken vibe...not really pushing to hard, melodic...they don't "sound like" each other, they just have similar qualities to thier voice.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
He does have a bit of that Don Dokken vibe...not really pushing to hard, melodic...they don't "sound like" each other, they just have similar qualities to thier voice.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'll say it again...Bottle Rocket ain't Metal...but it's a great Pop Rock album ala COLLECTIVE SOUL...

Yeah, there is no doubt this is not a metal album.

However, I never thought of it sounding like Collective Soul. I like some alternative rock - and I like Collective Soul.

Perhaps I dismissed this album too quickly before, simply because I was expecting something else. I got rid of my copy years ago, but maybe I'll pick it up again in the bargain bin and give it a fresh listen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:06 pm

Yeah, if you like COLLECTIVE SOUL go back and check it out with those ears on...the hooks are great and Jamie sounds excellent in that context...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Yeah, if you like COLLECTIVE SOUL go back and check it out with those ears on...the hooks are great and Jamie sounds excellent in that context...

Will do! Thanks for the tidbit!

Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 Headbang
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:16 pm

Just picked up their remastered re-issue of FIRST WATCH. Paul Cawley rocks the mic!

AIN'T THAT RIGHT, MB?
Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 911681 Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 320592 Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:17 pm

BTW, Buzz and Bottlerocket stink! Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 78889
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian Re-Issue News
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2