Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rank the KISS catalog...

Go down 
+11
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
Neuropete
manny
Schbopo
Addy
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
akeldama
iamrockerfun
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
All this hatin' on Asylum! I love that album..."Tears Are Falling", "King Of The Mountain", "Who Wants To Be Lonely", "I'm Alive", "Radar For Love"...killer stuff!

I do too. It ranks pretty high on my list.

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
All this hatin' on Asylum! I love that album..."Tears Are Falling", "King Of The Mountain", "Who Wants To Be Lonely", "I'm Alive", "Radar For Love"...killer stuff!

I do too. It ranks pretty high on my list.

Sweet! Looks like we're the only ones w/ good taste. Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:25 pm

I don't HATE "Asylum" -- it would've ranked somewhere in the middle of the pile for me, if I hadn't been so lazy. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:27 pm

I like asylum too, I think I put it at 15 but it's not a bad 15.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Paul's tunes on Asyum are catchy stuff indeed

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:58 pm

Theres 3 maybe 4 good songs from Asylum IMO. I know Kiss isnt the most inventive band, but that things pretty weak over all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:32 am

I'll make it a top 10:

1. Creatures Of The Night
2. Alive!
3. Revenge
4. Kiss
5. Alive II
6. Love Gun
7. Hotter Than Hell
8. Alive III
9. Rock & Roll Over
10. Destroyer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:44 am

Another lyrical question..."You know your man is working hard, he's worth a deuce"...what's a "deuce"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:28 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Another lyrical question..."You know your man is working hard, he's worth a deuce"...what's a "deuce"?

According to an interview with Gene, it doesn't really mean anything. He was just trying to come up with a word for that line. But I guess a safe assumption would be a car (remember "revved up like a Deuce?").

The best line in that song is "Get up and get your Grandma outta here"...one of the most brilliant nonsensical lyrics in history.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:19 am

I know the song doesn't mean anything, but a deuce can also mean a two hour "love making session", which would make sense in that context.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:23 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

So after long day at work Gene wants to work in a hard game of Tennis,

Tennis. a situation, as a score of 40–40 in a game or 5–5 in a match, in which a player must score two successive points to win the game or two successive games to win the set.

it is so an old school slang for a $2 bill.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:40 am

manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

So after long day at work Gene wants to work in a hard game of Tennis,

Tennis. a situation, as a score of 40–40 in a game or 5–5 in a match, in which a player must score two successive points to win the game or two successive games to win the set.

it is so an old school slang for a $2 bill.

LMAO!!! I always assumed it meant a BJ and the holiest of holies....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:56 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I thought it was meant as "Your man put in a long day at the office. Don't start ragging on him the minute he walks in the doors, complaining about your day. I'm sure the lines at the supermarket were rough and you've been friend requested on Facebook by some girl on your highschool cheerleading team that you haven't seen since prom night when she slobbed the knob of your date behind the bleachers. Give him a few minutes peace while he drops a "deuce", alright!! I can't even go to the bathroom? For Pete's sake. Give me a minute, woman!!"

Just me?

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:01 pm

As funny as these are, I think Dave The Boss and/or joker has it right...it would make the most sense given Gene's persona.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

It's full of filler, but "Tears Are Falling", "Who Wants To Be Lonely" and "UH! All Night" are such awesome songs, it lifts the whole album, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:36 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Yes, the "deuce" in question is getting oral AND anal. Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 877540
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yes, the "deuce" in question is getting oral AND anal. Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 877540

No, Oral and Vaginal - he addresses anal on the same album in nothin' to lose
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:57 pm

detuned wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

According to an interview with Gene, it doesn't really mean anything. He was just trying to come up with a word for that line. But I guess a safe assumption would be a car (remember "revved up like a Deuce?").

The best line in that song is "Get up and get your Grandma outta here"...one of the most brilliant nonsensical lyrics in history.

Whatever the hell the song is about that, I have to agree with detuned, that is a one of the coolest lines in rock history
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:05 pm

manny wrote:
detuned wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Whatever the hell the song is about that, I have to agree with detuned, that is a one of the coolest lines in rock history

LOL!!! - Gene went to his girl's house one and day and he wanted some "action" - wanted a BJ followed by sex. He got to his girl's place and her grandmother stopped by for a visit, they where having tea. And Gene was feeling horny, so when he saw Grandma, he broke into song....
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

LOL!!! - Gene went to his girl's house one and day and he wanted some "action" - wanted a BJ followed by sex. He got to his girl's place and her grandmother stopped by for a visit, they where having tea. And Gene was feeling horny, so when he saw Grandma, he broke into song....

"Granny, if you want this threesome to happen, you're gonna have to change your attitude."
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Quote Gene Simmons:
"Duece. Lyrically, I had no idea what I was talking about. Sometimes stuff means a lot, sometimes it means nothing."
p220, Kiss-Behind the Mask

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Quote Gene Simmons:
"Duece. Lyrically, I had no idea what I was talking about. Sometimes stuff means a lot, sometimes it means nothing."
p220, Kiss-Behind the Mask

I remember Gene saying it meant nothing in an interview I read and that it just went well with the lyric.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rank the KISS catalog...   Rank the KISS catalog... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rank the KISS catalog...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2