Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]

Go down 
+49
jksilvi
Eyesore
ultmetal
EvyMetal
ohwellmonkey
FlyingV
TheGooch
BuzzPhil
ensiferum2k
Trial by Fire
sam
rattpoison
T-Roy
Sutekh
thejokeriv
Metallic Blaze
scottmitchell74
Coma
exact33
akeldama
Navouhodonosor
Stender
JBall_Z
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
Olafsto
SideShowDisaSter
sovdat
Wargod
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
tohostudios
Thrasher73
Metal Misfit
mr.electric39
Schbopo
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
XYZ
kmorg
jstate
DallasBlack
krokus
the sentinel
manny
Shiney
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:55 am

Schbopo wrote:
Styx-Paradise Theater

Slowly becoming a huge Styx fan.

Same here. It started two years ago for me when I picked up their Greatest Hits.

Then a few months ago, I acquired their first four albums. They are a fantastic band!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
Styx-Paradise Theater

Same here. It started two years ago for me when I picked up their Greatest Hits.

Then a few months ago, I acquired their first four albums. They are a fantastic band!

You guys pick up Equinox yet? That was the turning point for the band IMO. It's the transitional album between the experimental prog stuff of their early days and the hard rock hit machine they would eventually become.

Equinox, Crystal Ball, Grand Illusion and Pieces of Eight are my favorite quartet of albums released in sequence by any band.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Yesterday in the mail:

Vision Divine-9 Degrees West Of The Moon

Awesome! Looks like you and I are the only ones here with that album. It's my album of the year so far! How you like it?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
Styx-Paradise Theater

You guys pick up Equinox yet? That was the turning point for the band IMO. It's the transitional album between the experimental prog stuff of their early days and the hard rock hit machine they would eventually become.

Equinox, Crystal Ball, Grand Illusion and Pieces of Eight are my favorite quartet of albums released in sequence by any band.

When I'm first exploring a band I want to get more into, I always start with their earliest album and work my way forward. I've not come to "Equinox" yet, but I will soon! Right now I'm still warming up to those first four 'prog' rock albums. They are good in and of themselves. Though, I think like you, I will probably prefer that era as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:10 pm

Well Equinox is next up MB. It's their 5th.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Well Equinox is next up MB. It's their 5th.

Awesome! Looking forward to it! I should have it soon then! I just want to get to know these ones a bit more before moving on.

I do have a feeling that one will be one of my faves (if not my fave) from them.

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 604261
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Some recent additions:

Puny Human - Universal Freak Out
Hexen - State of Insurgency
Hirax - New Age of Terror
Seventh Void - Heaven Is Gone
Fu Manchu - Hung Out To Dry ep (cd/7"vinyl)
Fu Manchu - Daredevil
Spiritual Beggars - On Fire
...And Back To Earth Again: MeteorCity Anniversary Box Set (3 cds)
Holocaust - The Courage To Be
Terra Firma - s/t
Redrum - Power Corrupts

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:26 pm

Quote :
Fu Manchu - Daredevil

That's my favorite from them, just above In Search Of....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:32 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Fu Manchu - Daredevil

That's my favorite from them, just above In Search Of....

Haven't heard it yet. Just arrived this morning, along with the Hexen cd. Although I gotta say, if Fu Manchu have released a bad disc, I haven't heard it. I love everything these guys have put out. They've found their sound and stuck to it. I've still got a few holes to fill in their discograpy, and they might not be re-inventing the wheel, but they've been consistant.

You hear the new one yet? It's on my short-list of wants. I was gonna do the pre-order thing though CM Distro for 10 bucks, but I just placed a big order from their discount bin and decided to hold off for now.

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Yeah I got the new one. You know how Start The Machine and We Must Obey sound? Yeah, it's exactly like that. Smile It's worth your time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Michael Phillips - Mirrors Within Mirrors
Ultimatum - Puppet (Remastered)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
Styx-Paradise Theater

And those are the Styx albums I have now (along with two greatest hits and Kilroy). Great band indeed and thus far my favorite song is Castle Walls but they have many more real good ones.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:40 pm

I think my favorite Styx song of all time is Born For Adventure off Equinox.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think my favorite Styx song of all time is Born For Adventure off Equinox.

That's a good one. I like it mostly for the reason that the bass is actually audible! That's pretty rare for Styx.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:30 pm

Yeah, the bass figure pretty prominently in that song.

I never really paid attention to the bass in their songs in general. Next time I pop in some Styx, I'll have to keep that in mind and see if I agree.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:19 pm

Krokus - Alive and Screamin'
Testament - The Ritual

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 11840 COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 11840
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:14 am

HEAVEN & HELL - The Devil you know
ULTIMATUM - Puppet of destruction (remastered & expanded)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:22 pm

Adrenicide - Kill
Angkor - Infectus I.N.R.I.
Inferi - The Awakening of the Black Hordes
Inferi - The End of a Weak Nature
Necroabortion - Brutal Misanthropy
Resurrected - Endless Sea of Loss
Ultimatum - Puppet of Destruction (2CDs)
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:08 pm

As a celebration of breaking up with my gf I figured I was due some partying gifts.

Agent Steel- Alienigma
Andrew W K- Girls Own Juice
Artension- Sacred Pathway
Diamond Head- Whats In Your Head?
Millenium- The Best Of (2 cd)
Metalium- Grounded
Narnia- Course Of A Generation
Riot- Narita
Saigon Kick- S/T

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Ouch Phoenix! Did that numb the pain at all?

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 927150

Just got back from Hastings with a few gifts for me and myself.

Dead By Sunrise ~ Out of Ashes
Bruce Springsteen ~ Greatest Hits

lately I've really been expanding the 'non-metal' part of my CD chambers.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:15 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Agent Steel- Alienigma

headbanger

sorry about the breakup though..

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Ouch Phoenix! Did that numb the pain at all?

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 927150

Just got back from Hastings with a few gifts for me and myself.

Dead By Sunrise ~ Out of Ashes
Bruce Springsteen ~ Greatest Hits

lately I've really been expanding the 'non-metal' part of my CD chambers.

Of course. Gf's come and go metal stays forever COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 11840

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:19 pm

exact33 wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Agent Steel- Alienigma

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 11840

sorry about the breakup though..

I havent had a chance to listen to these yet. Im actually putting them onto my ipod as we speak so i'll get to listen to them at work tomorrow.

its ok, its been something that has been bound to happen really so it was just a matter of time. It sucks but really in a way im happy.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:21 pm

From ebay

Crumbsuckers - Beast On My Back
Devildriver - Pray For Villians cd/dvd
Rest In Pieces - Under My Skin
Thunder - Baskstreet Symphony/Live Japanese combo
Destination Zero - Mr. Evil (wasn't actually thrash as advertised - but a really great album)
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:20 pm

The Beavis and Butthead Experience

Just for the one Primus song I don't have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next