Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]

Go down 
+49
jksilvi
Eyesore
ultmetal
EvyMetal
ohwellmonkey
FlyingV
TheGooch
BuzzPhil
ensiferum2k
Trial by Fire
sam
rattpoison
T-Roy
Sutekh
thejokeriv
Metallic Blaze
scottmitchell74
Coma
exact33
akeldama
Navouhodonosor
Stender
JBall_Z
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
Olafsto
SideShowDisaSter
sovdat
Wargod
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
tohostudios
Thrasher73
Metal Misfit
mr.electric39
Schbopo
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
XYZ
kmorg
jstate
DallasBlack
krokus
the sentinel
manny
Shiney
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:12 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Haha. I'm kinda surprised that you picked that album up, DB.

I have gotten a little less decerning in my music purchases when it comes to classic albums. Stuff like this and old Mercyful Fate strike me as ridiculous and gimmicky (more shock value than actual hatred toward Christianity). I'm more offended by genuine hatred for Chirstianity and it's followers (like the lyrics in the new Novembers Doom album). There are albums and bands I will never purchase because of the lyrics, but I do let some slip by. As long as I don't take the lyrics to heart, keep myself reminded of my beliefs, and work at keeping my relationship with God in working order they won't effect me. Besides, I couldn't understand most of the what the vocalist was saying anyways.

I gotcha. Have you read the lyrics yet? I thought they were the worst, most horrible, most EEEEEEEEVIL lyrics I'd ever seen when I first saw that record back in high school but looking at'em almost 25 years later (!) they're pretty laughable. They were pretty obviously written by a bunch of 17 year olds that had too much time on their hands and a bunch of cocaine. Haha. It may have been pretty shocking stuff back in '85 but nowadays it's cheez to the extreme.

manny wrote:
Freddy, your brother was into both Morbid Angel
and Possessed, sounds like he is very cool guy , like your brother I
used (still do) love that first Possessed album, I was very happy when
I discovered a used CD of 'Seven Churches' at a reasonable price.

Yea, my bro was (and still is) the death metal/grindcore guy in the family. He was way into that scene in the late 80s/early 90s. It was never my thing though. When he brought home that Possessed record back then I thought it was the worst crap I'd ever heard (haha) but then he started comin' home with all the early records by Napalm Death, Carcass, Nuclear Death, and on and on... suddenly Possessed didn't sound so bad anymore. Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:13 am

Backwash - Kick Ass!
Big rooster - Year Of The rooster
Big rooster - Motherload
Cowboy Prostitutes - Swingin' For The Fences
Snew - Snew You
Wolfchild - S/T

Can ya tell I've been visiting the reviews at Sleazeroxx?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:25 pm

Therion - The Miskolc Experience

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Styx-Kilroy Was Here
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Styx-Kilroy Was Here

You will regret that purchase young Padawan.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
Styx-Kilroy Was Here

You will regret that purchase young Padawan.

I pretty much paid $5.99 for "Mr. Roboto"...but the rest isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Man, if you'd seen that tour, you'd feel differently.

Mr. Roboto is a major blot on the Styx catalogue and that whole album pretty much sucks except for the James Young contribution of Heavy Metal Poisoning.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:53 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Haha. I'm kinda surprised that you picked that album up, DB.

I have gotten a little less decerning in my music purchases when it comes to classic albums. Stuff like this and old Mercyful Fate strike me as ridiculous and gimmicky (more shock value than actual hatred toward Christianity). I'm more offended by genuine hatred for Chirstianity and it's followers (like the lyrics in the new Novembers Doom album). There are albums and bands I will never purchase because of the lyrics, but I do let some slip by. As long as I don't take the lyrics to heart, keep myself reminded of my beliefs, and work at keeping my relationship with God in working order they won't effect me. Besides, I couldn't understand most of the what the vocalist was saying anyways.

Possessed was asked about their lyrics once in an interview. Lead singer Jeff Beccera said he was quite surprised there are people that think they are serious, or something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:56 pm

Yngwie Malmsteen - The Genesis 🤘
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Raven - Nothing Exceeds Like Excess
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:45 pm

Peep Show - Out for Blood
Attila - Rolling Thunder

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Man, if you'd seen that tour, you'd feel differently.

Mr. Roboto is a major blot on the Styx catalogue and that whole album pretty much sucks except for the James Young contribution of Heavy Metal Poisoning.

Don't know about the tour but I actually like that album (though it pales in comparisson to the rest of the cataloge-or the ones I've heard). Actually, apart from a little overkill on the keyboards, to me many of the songs don't sound much different than some of the older stuff. However, being around at that time and listening to it long before me, I can see how you would hate it.

BTW, what is that Therion album you got up there? I've never heard of it and it's not mentioned in Wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:19 pm

One thing at a time:

I actually saw Styx on the Kilroy tour back in the early 80s. It was my third time seeing the band and I was psyched.

The "show" started with about a 20 minute video of Dennis DeYoung running around as Kilroy essentially trying to escape the eyes of Big Brother. By the time Styx finally took the stage, the audience (myself included) had been so bored to tears that we booed the crap outta them. I didn't even pay attention to the actual set except to notice that most of the songs were from that miserable Kilroy album. "BOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Regarding the Therion album, it's a three disc set (2 CDs, 1 DVD) of Therion performing with a symphony in Miskolc, Hungary.

http://www.amazon.com/Miskolc-Experience-Therion/dp/B00265S8MY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1251332373&sr=8-1

R

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:16 pm

Exhorder - The Law

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:24 am

The last thing I got was Jurassic Jade - Never Forget Those Days CD Wink
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:50 am

sovdat wrote:

Very good disc, but I like Gore just a bit more (which is obviously why I kept my copy of it and sold NFTD).

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:14 am

tohostudios wrote:
I actually saw Styx on the Kilroy tour back in the early 80s. It was my third time seeing the band and I was psyched.

The "show" started with about a 20 minute video of Dennis DeYoung running around as Kilroy essentially trying to escape the eyes of Big Brother. By the time Styx finally took the stage, the audience (myself included) had been so bored to tears that we booed the crap outta them. I didn't even pay attention to the actual set except to notice that most of the songs were from that miserable Kilroy album. "BOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Did you ever see the Styx episode of VH1's "Behind The Music?" Apparently the whole "Kilroy" clusterf*ck was DeYoung's dream project and the rest of the band kinda went along with it against their wills to make him happy (and because they wanted him to stay in the band, as he'd threatened to leave). Tommy Shaw told a hilarious story about them playing a festival in Texas somewhere with a bunch of other bands, Styx were the headliners and it had been hot as hell all day, the audience was drunk, sunburned, and p*ssed off, the band BEGGED DeYoung to skip the theatrics that night and just do an old fashioned rockin' Styx set because they knew they'd get eaten alive but DeYoung refused, so Shaw sez "I'm looking out at this crowd and thinking "I've got to go out there and make a 20 minute speech about robots before we even play a note... I'm going to die." Haha.

I also have an old issue of "Circus" magazine with a review of the "Kilroy" concert tour in it, the writer mentions that about halfway through the show he heard someone in the audience yell out "What the f*** IS this?" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:39 am

sovdat wrote:

Yeah, I should have known I was going up against you on that one, Sov-y. You dick! just kidding. Let me know if you ever want to let that go. Been on my wantlist since I first heard them on the Skull Thrash Zone comp. Their stuff is SOOOO hard to track down.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:04 am

THE MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP-MSG (remastered)
THE REAL McKENZIES - Clash of the tartans
THE REAL McKENZIES - Loch`d & Loaded
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Altar Of Oblivion - Sinews Of Anguish CD
Forsaken - After The Fall CD
Ignivomous - Death Transmutation CD (the best classic death metal album since Dead Congregation's debut)
Proclamation - Execration Of Cruel Bestiality CD
Sinister Realm - Sinister Realm CD
Argus - Argus CD
Screamer - Target: Earth CD
Lord Vicar - Fear No Pain CD
Old Yron - Old Yron CD
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Saga- Network
Saxon- Lionheart

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:28 pm

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 1155341
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Quote :
THE REAL McKENZIES - Clash of the tartans
THE REAL McKENZIES - Loch`d & Loaded

🤘

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:32 pm

The Grateful Dead-Live at the Cow Palace; New Years Eve 1976
Jethro Tull-Stormwatch
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Quote :
Jethro Tull-Stormwatch

Good album. The tail end of Tull's "Celtic/Renaissance" period. If you don't have Heavy Horses or Songs From The Wood, I'd strongly recommend picking those up. Those two albums were my gateway to Celtic/Renaissance music.

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]   COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COLLECTORS CORNER... [NEW ADDITIONS 2009]
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next