Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Retardation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

Metal Retardation Empty
PostSubject: Metal Retardation   Metal Retardation Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:17 am

Looked funny enough so I bought it, check out this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8uEQys9LEU
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Metal Retardation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Retardation   Metal Retardation Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:35 pm

i dont get it

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Metal Retardation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Retardation   Metal Retardation Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:13 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
i dont get it

It's Bill Zebub (of "Grimoire of Exalted Deeds" zine fame). You either "get" that guy or you don't.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Metal Retardation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Retardation   Metal Retardation Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:16 pm

I guess I dont get it lol

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Metal Retardation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Retardation   Metal Retardation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:44 pm

I picked this up awhile back. It's horrible.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Metal Retardation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Retardation   Metal Retardation Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:52 pm

I got a copy of this DVD to review for Detritus 'zine a few weeks ago, it sat on my shelf till this past weekend when I had some time to give it a look... I ended up turning it off about 20 minutes in cuz it was pretty stupid. I'll have to watch it in its entirety before I write my review though, which I'm not exactly looking forward to.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Bill Zebub or his "Grimoire of Exalted Deeds" zine, imagine if "MAD" or "CRACKED" magazine covered death metal. Bill specializes in asking band members offensive, silly, random off topic questions (usually trying to get them to bash on other bands, various record labels and their personnel, etc.) to get a rise out of the person being interviewed.

Example: Bill asks the members of S.O.D. "is it true that there's a role playing game based on your band?"
S.O.D. guys: "Huh? What? Eh? No, that's not true."
Bill Z: "So there's no truth to the rumor that you're developing a game called S.O.D.&D.?"
(badump-PISH! rim shot)

...and it goes on and on like that with members of Nevermore, Leave's Eyes, Sharlee D'Angelo, and numerous others. Mind you I've got a whole stack of Grimoire 'zines (some of which contain the same interviews found on this DVD) and I get a kick out of reading'em once in a while, but I think this sort of thing actually works better on paper than on video. On the DVD there are a lot of awkward pauses after Bill asks a silly question until a musician either says "Um, what?" or just ignores the question entirely.

On the up side, there is a running gag (at least I assume it's a running gag because I haven't watched the whole DVD yet) where Bill is begging George Fisher of Cannibal Corpse to sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" in a death metal voice, they keep coming back to this interview over and over again and George is clearly more intoxicated each time, and his continued refusals to do it for the camera are pretty funny. Oh, and there are some hot chicks in various states of undress (another Grimoire trademark) scattered around (usually sitting on the band members' laps) during the interview segments.

More or less the video comes off like a private joke that you're either "in on" or you're not.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Metal Retardation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Retardation   Metal Retardation Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:27 am

nevermore wrote:
I picked this up awhile back. It's horrible.

agreed, 'tis not good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Sponsored content

Metal Retardation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Retardation   Metal Retardation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Retardation
Page 1 of 1