Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

W.A.S.P. - Dominator

Go down 
+12
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
INVADERS
mc666
Wargod
arttieTHE1manparty
Todd Jaymz
krokus
Fat Freddy
caniplaywithmadness?
brontotex
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:17 am

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
krokus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I've seen them live a few times. They are usually very fun to watch.

Only they give a very short show, at least in Spain. Last year i saw them and they only played 65 minuts. Thats to short in my opinion.

i saw them last year and they only played for about 65 minutes as well. blackie just seemed like he could really give a f**k. he kept going behind the guitar amp and having a sit down in the intrumental parts of the songs. probably tired, he looks pretty bloated these days. disappointing

Yeah, their is not a lot of blood running through his vains nowadays. Sad but true.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:10 am

I've got to see WASP once. It took them forever with their soundcheck. Doors at the club were finally opened 2 hours after they were supposed to. They played a short set and didn't play their encore of Blind In Texas.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:17 am

I saw W.A.S.P. once years ago (1992) when they did a quick U.S. tour (about a dozen dates) to warm up for the Euro CRIMSON IDOL tour (the IDOL album wasn't even out in the U.S. yet at the time). It was a thrown together lineup consisting of Blackie, Johnny Rod, Stet Howland on drums, and a guy named Doug Blair on guitar.
Excellent show, (since I had bought an import of CRIMSON IDOL I was one of the few there who knew all the then-new songs) but since Blackie was pushing his "artiste" side at the time, they left "F**k Like A Beast" out of the set list, which didn't exactly endear him to the crowd... when they left the stage people started chanting "F**k Like A Beast! F**k Like A Beast!" hoping they'd come back out and do it as an encore. When that didn't happen, the chants changed to "Bullsh*t! Bullsh*t!"

I was just glad to finally see them (though I guess Blackie still owes me a "F**k Like A Beast" airing) ... I got a bass pick from Johnny Rod that night too. Still have it tucked in the booklet of my CRIMSON IDOL CD.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:20 am

The one time I had tickets to see them live just a coupla years ago, (opening for Motorhead, YES!!), the tour was cancelled. Lemmy had a broken foot or something.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:23 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The one time I had tickets to see them live just a coupla years ago, (opening for Motorhead, YES!!), the tour was cancelled. Lemmy had a broken foot or something.

The story I heard about that tour is that Lemmy and Blackie got into a fight backstage somewhere during one of the first gigs and after that Lemmy refused to do the rest of the tour with him.
I have an issue of Metal Maniacs somewhere from back then where he goes on and on about what an egomaniac and a**hole Blackie was.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

The story I heard about that tour is that Lemmy and Blackie got into a fight backstage somewhere during one of the first gigs and after that Lemmy refused to do the rest of the tour with him.
I have an issue of Metal Maniacs somewhere from back then where he goes on and on about what an egomaniac and a**hole Blackie was.

Really? Wow, I never heard that. I was really-bummed out too. I love seeing Motohead live and seeing them with WASP was just icing on the cake for me. Funny thing is, when I told my buddy, who was going with me, that the show/tour was cancelled, his reply was "Lemmy broke his foot? WTF? He thinks he's David Lee Roth doing splits off the riser? He just stands at the mic, for Pete's sake!!"
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:39 am

I heard that story too Freddy.

The club owners at the show I attended vowed to never have the band back. Blackie supposedy was a rude jerk to everyone working there and complained about everything.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:42 am

I'd have to dig in my box of old magazines to remember for sure but if memory serves, Lemmy got more and more p*ssed at how long it took W.A.S.P. to set up their crap on stage every night, and the general rudeness of W.A.S.P.'s crew. I believe the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back was something about Lemmy and the guys going back to their dressing room after their set and there weren't even any towels for them to dry off with. Lemmy hit the roof, had it out with Blackie, and that was the end of the tour
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:40 pm

interesting so it's true selfish egoistic F*** smurf poo im start hating WASP.
bad thing is that rest of band are learnig this from Blackie
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:51 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
interesting so it's true selfish egoistic F*** smurf poo im start hating WASP.
bad thing is that rest of band are learnig this from Blackie
Has Blackie ever done anything to you personally? If not, who cares! People are jerks, people don't get along, it's got little to do with enjoying music. Maybe Blackie's crew were reacting to the way Lemmy and them were treating them? We don't know.

Just enjoy the music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:37 pm

Blackie Lawless is a different cat.I can appreciate that.He's gone through a h*ll of alot over the years--getting shot at back in the 80's,having to cancel shows due to bomb threats being called in at arenas/venues by overzealous haters.The whole PMRC deal and what not.The 1 time i saw W.A.S.P. they killed! Great show! Alot of bands are notoriously picky about their sound and the acoustics of certain venues.Its usually not that they're overtly trying to be jerks.If they're not happy with their sound,most likely you won't be either.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:47 am

Wow, listened to this one today. It is great! WASP lost me during the last years, that’s why I ignored Dominator for a while. I didn’t expect such a brilliant album from the band, they went back to their roots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 2:33 am

I still can't believe it's taken me until 2007 to check this band out. Haha. Guess that just proves that you should never believe a band is one style without listening first. Haha. I really dig the early stuff and the new albums.

Haven't found this one yet, though. At least to buy; I donwloaded it a while back, but have since deleted the files.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - Dominator   W.A.S.P. - Dominator - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W.A.S.P. - Dominator
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: