Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!

Go down 
+5
kmorg
arttieTHE1manparty
powermacho
nevermore
BillRoxx
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Empty
PostSubject: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:23 pm

THIS JUST WENT OUT ALL OVER TODAY....

Roxx Productions and the Christian Metal Realm are putting the finishing touches on a special tribute CD due this Fall! Next year marks the 25th Anniversary of Christian Metal Thrash Masters, Deliverance!

Arttie from the Christian Metal Realm says...

"When we put out the call to bands to give us their favorite 'D' tribute songs, we were inundated with people wanting to contribute! We received so many entries by the time we got through them all, they were ALL good! So the disc had to be expanded to 2 discs!"

Just a few of the bands contributing are Eternal Decision , Stricken , members of Saint, Deliverance, Crucified, Ultimatum and a ton more!

It is just being announced that defunct Christian Metalers 'OIL' are getting together to record not one, but two songs for the disc! This is the first time the members of OIL have got together in over 5 years!

The line up for Oil currently in the studio consists of...
Ron Rinehart (Dark Angel, Oil) Blake Nelson (Darkness Falls, Oil) James 'JJ' Jenkins (East West) Jason Vanderpal (Oil, 7th Strain)

Also in the works is a special 25th Anniversary show in the LA area this Fall as well! Watch this board for all the details on the disc and the tribute CD...

http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com/christian-metal-realm-f4/

(Note you have to be a member of the Christian Metal Realm Community to view the Deliverance Blog!)

Also, be on the look out for 2 very cool new releases coming in October from Roxx Productions....

1. Ultimatum - Puppet of Destruction (Remastered with Bonus Tracks) Pre-Order get an exclusive disc of their first demo 'Fatal Delay'

2. Michael Phillips - Mirrors within Mirrors (First solo disc from legendary Deliverance Guitar player) Pre-orders receive exclusive poster of cover artwork recently completed by JBM Design

Visit www.roxxproductions .com for all the details!

Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! DeliveranceTributeCoversmall

Last edited by BillRoxx on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Awesome news,Bill!!!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:21 pm

I hope there are some great covers on the album. last time I check it out, there were some songs that were not even thrash
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:25 pm

It will have songs from all eras of Deliverance and nearly all albums, so there will be some that are not thrash, to be sure. The vast majority will definitely be metal, though. The second disc will contain some industrial and more modern metal, but will still be great! I can't wait...and I already have a lot of the songs!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm stoked for this!!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:35 pm

Great news! My friend and i went to the same church as Blake and Ron. I hope this leads to more stuff from Oil. Good to see Ron is doing better and is up to singing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:37 pm

This will be very cool and I too would love to hear more from Oil. Anyone know how Ron is doing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Last I heard, Ron was working with Dark Angel again. Anyone know what happened to that? That cover of Creeping Death they did a few years ago absolutely killed.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Dark Angel couldn't keep it together. They did a handful of shows and a Metallica cover for some tribute. That's it. They are done, at least for now. I was disappointed. I really wanted to see them.

Ron moved to Washington state and is now a pharmacist.

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:38 pm

What? What part of Washington? I might have to stalk him.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:17 pm

I can't remember. I'll have to check my address book.

Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Don't look for him today! He's in LA!

Just left the studio where Oil is recording!

The 2 tracks sound amazing! It was just great to see them working together again!

I was lucky enough to be there when they were doing the group 'gang' vocals on Attack!

So yep, I was able to get in on the action! Cant wait for all to hear them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Quote :
I was lucky enough to be there when they were doing the group 'gang' vocals on Attack!

YES! One of my favorite D songs. That song itself will be worth the price of the disc. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:50 am

We are done with all the recording, and we just need to tweak the mix. It was a lot of fun recording these songs and it was cool seeing Jason, Blake and Ron again. I can say that those who are looking forward to this record will definitely won't be disappointed with the songs we did!!
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Welcome to the board James!

Had fun yesterday! Always good to see you!

You were really great behind the board there!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:52 am

Quote :
Ron moved to Washington state and is now a pharmacist.

That's interesting... He was a computer salesman last i remember.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:24 pm

I thought Ron couldn't sing anymore because of his back injury or whatever it was. That's what I understood anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:47 pm

Leatherface wrote:
I thought Ron couldn't sing anymore because of his back injury or whatever it was. That's what I understood anyway.

I think it was a thyroid related problem. I'm just glad that he could do it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Ron is actually a really good singer and can nail the Geof Tate type stuff so he should do a good job on the Deliverance songs as well.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:49 am

Troublezone wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

I think it was a thyroid related problem. I'm just glad that he could do it.
Me too.
Back to top Go down
blakenelson
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Deliverance Tribute   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:35 pm

Hey Everyone,

This is Blake Nelson of Darkness Falls. I recorded 2 songs (Attack & Screaming) for this upcoming cd along with Ron Rinehart (OIL), JJ (East West), and Jason Vander Pal (OIL).

I completely rewrote 80% of the guitar parts and transposed everything to Drop C. So the songs are now super heavy; modern, and have our signatures all over the songs.

To those of you that are familiar with my playing; you can be rest assured that I tore it up hardcore.

If the mastering process is stellar; then the songs will be insane. The mastering process can destroy an album or make it sound ten times better. We shall see.

I am in the process of re-building Darkness Falls, so keep your ears open peeps. The website is myspace.com/darknessfallsrocks

Peace out and you won't be disappointed in what we did.

Blake Nelson
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darknessfallsrocks
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:14 am

Great news! Welcome to the board!
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Nice to see you here Blake!

Got your message! I'll call you this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Welcome Blake. We have a mutual friend, Derin Argon. Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!   Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special Announcement - The Return of... OIL !!!
Page 1 of 1