Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers

Go down 
+12
DallasBlack
sam
SlaytanicPOWER
stevegarveyfan
Troublezone
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
Schbopo
mc666
Svengo
XYZ
16 posters
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Who is the funnier trio?

Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers 3_stooges_4

or Harpo, Chico, and Groucho?

Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Marxbrothers-harpo-chico-groucho

I know I'm reaching far back on these, but most of today's comedy actors pale in comparison.

I'd go with the Marx Brothers. I know one trio was television and the other was in cinema, but I think the Marx brothers' overall skill made them better.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:00 pm

The Marx brothers, hands down. While I always get a good chuckle form the Stooges' slapstick humor, the Marx Brothers excelled at pretty much everything; slaptick, acting , wit, etc..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:04 pm

The Marx Brothers, no contest. Hipster humor that retains its hipness all these years later.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm

i never found either of them all that funny.

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:20 pm

I like them both, but I gotta go with the Marx bros. "Horse Feathers" is awesome.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:23 pm

mc666 wrote:
i never found either of them all that funny.

ditto!

I can't stand "slapstick humor".

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:38 pm

I love them both but I have to go with Marx Brothers
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Marx brothers - I was never a big fan of the stooges.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:28 pm

The Stooges!
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:05 pm

They were completely different types of comedy acts! The 3 Stooges were low-brow while the Marx Brothers presented as intellectuals. Both are very funny, but I think I prefer the 3 Stooges.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:18 am

I prefer Stooges.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Marx brothers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Marx Brothers had the perfect combination of wit, slapstick, and visual gags. Three Stooges was just slapstick with spurts of wit. Obviously by that statement I prefer Marx Brothers, the banter between Groucho and Chico are priceless. Plus the Marx brothers (particularly Chico and Harpo) were higly skilled musicians (seriously, who plays the piano like Chico did?). I'm not trying to sell the Stooges short on wit because there was some here and there:

Moe: How did you get so stupid?
Larry: I went to college, what's your excuse?

I hear there is a Stooges movie in the making with Jim Carrey to shave his head and gain 50 lbs. to play Curly Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:21 pm

Stooges all the way.

Quote :
I hear there is a Stooges movie in the making with Jim Carrey to shave his head and gain 50 lbs. to play Curly Rolling Eyes .

Yup, and Sean Penn was gonna play Larry. Seriously. I think the project is on hold now though. Hopefully till I'm in a dark, lonely grave.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:29 pm

I watched the Stooges a lot more, so I'll go with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:12 am

I'm a Stooges man myself (slapstick is great) but I do like the Marx Brothers.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm a fan of the 4th Marx brother, Richard:
Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Rmarx

And the 6th Stooge brother, Iggy:
Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Style_iggy

But that is just me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers   Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better Acting Trio: Stooges or Marx Brothers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: