Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?

Go down 
+2
MetalFRO
325ad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs? Empty
PostSubject: Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?   Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:07 pm

I just read about these guys. The were supposedly in some Black Metal in the Sweden, Any one know who or what they were called. The interview I read the singer said "being four horny guys in a Black Metal band does not make much sense, so we have popped up our sound more to appeal more to girls" What the?

Sounds like a sell out to me. Watch they are probably going to be the next big thing ala Cradle of Filth or Him lite LOL. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?   Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:18 am

Yeah, I seem to remember seeing something about them online a while back, and having a similar reaction. Not that they aren't free to do their thing, but I kind of thought it appeared to be a stab at mainstream acceptance more than musical integrity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?   Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 am

There is a little bit of hype about them in Germany the last months. They are on the cover page of magazines and so on. I was curious and checked them out, but it's not my cup of tea. So I leave it to others...

http://www.myspace.com/deathstars
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?   Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:28 am

i can sum up this band with one word.... sh*t.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?   Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:37 am

They used to be called Swordmaster and they were killer. Now that they are a new band with a new style, it is LAME!
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?   Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:31 am

Lurideath wrote:
They used to be called Swordmaster and they were killer. Now that they are a new band with a new style, it is LAME!

Thanks that was what I wanted to know. Yeah, that Split was pretty good. I remember it. Again I say Sell Out!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?   Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:57 pm

I think some of the members we're also in dissection.

But they suck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?   Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Dissection sucks? HAHA WOW! Very bold statement, but you cannot back that up whatsoever, Dissection were genius. You need to hear them again then. Emil Nödtveidt (Swordmaster/Deathstars) is Jon Nödtveidt's (Dissection) brother and Emil played bass in Dissection for a short while. The drummer of Swordmaster/Deathstars also played drums in Dissection for a short while.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?   Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Dissection sucks? HAHA WOW! Very bold statement, but you cannot back that up whatsoever, Dissection were genius. You need to hear them again then. Emil Nödtveidt (Swordmaster/Deathstars) is Jon Nödtveidt's (Dissection) brother and Emil played bass in Dissection for a short while. The drummer of Swordmaster/Deathstars also played drums in Dissection for a short while.

talking about deathstars sucking, not dissection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?   Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweden's "Deathstars" who are these poseurs?
Page 1 of 1