Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New MEGADETH album in September...

Go down 
+46
MetalRob331
Metal Misfit
ZetaReticuli
Rex
FlyingV
muztaine
Smindas
Navouhodonosor
T-Roy
Cliffy
skullkrusher
mc666
metalinmyveins
SideShowDisaSter
ghost
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalFRO
kethdredd
vanillaviking
Mglaffas81
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
XYZ
MetalH
Schbopo
Leatherface
metalhead777
SlaytanicPOWER
kmorg
Addy
shamgar75
Required Fields
sam
powermacho
akeldama
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
Gilbert
James B.
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 am

Eh, it's ok I guess. Woulda liked to see Vic in there as well. The flies are a little distracting at first, but I wonder if they are in reference to the title. I thought I read that the title "Endgame" is based on a book or something. Maybe there is some sorta connection?

EDIT: I found this little snippet. Maybe the surrounding flies on the border are referenced in a song. Seems kinda random to just put them on the cover for no reason.

Mustaine himself commented on Endgame, saying, “Thematically, I’ve never been known to be a silent bystander in a world that needs our participation. As more is revealed about our former President’s legacy, a little-known yet staggeringly frightening document which was signed into law, named ‘Endgame,’ has been uncovered.

Operation Endgame is a 2003-2012 plan under implementation by the Office of Detention and Removal Operations of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement to detain and deport all removable aliens currently living in the United States by 2012.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:22 am

I like the new track, very energetic - It does draw similarities to United Abominations, but that ain't a bad thing - I do feel that this track is heavier and a bit more aggressive than most stuff on United Abominations - Sounds more dirty and punchy. But it still doesn't grab me as much as "Sleepwalker" did - Let's just wait and see.

As for the album cover, I really like it, especially the red stuff in the sky - Though, I don't quite get the fly boarder.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:54 pm

"Endgame" is based on the Alex Jones documentary of the same name that discusses loss of civil liberties, the eugenics movement, and loss of national sovereignty. You can watch the whole thing for free on Google video if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Here is a link to the Endgame document that inspired both the new Megadeth album and an Alex Jones documentary of the same name.

cryptogon.com/docs/endgame.pdf (paste into browser)

Last edited by FlyingV on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:39 pm

I don't have high expectations for this album. In my opinion, I feel one of the main reasons why Dave even continues Megadeth is just to compete with Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:43 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
I don't have high expectations for this album. In my opinion, I feel one of the main reasons why Dave even continues Megadeth is just to compete with Metallica.

That would be silly if that was one of his main reasons because he beat them a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm

I think the cover is kinda cool, except for the border, that just makes it confusing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:51 pm

Another new track has been posted here...'1,320'

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/page/News?news_id=81360

Not bad. The beginning reminds me a little bit of the intro to 'Liar'. A few criticisms though.

1. Enough with the "engine rev, peel out" stuff. It's been done enough already.
2. Didn't he already cover the "going fast in a car" theme with both '502' and 'Moto-Psycho'?
3. How does "going fast in a car" fit in with the rest of the Endgame motif? I thought the songs were kinda tied together thematically. Maybe it'll make sense when I hear the whole album. don\'t know

Just some random thoughts on the first listen. Eh, whatever. Still looking forward to it. New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 506406

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Just listened to the song 3 times in a row..... No

I really like Megadeth a lot but like the first song they put out from this album it just sounds like the same old crap they put out with the last couple of albums. Maybe these songs will grow on me when the album comes out and I get to actually listen to the whole thing, but as of right now im not excited. I remember being excited to hear a new megadeth song.. its been a while since thats happened.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Meh. "Head Crusher" was better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:21 pm

I'm liking what I hear. No one else sounds like 'deth so they can keep doing this sound. There's enough variation for me.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:25 pm

The new song is great and so is the new instrumental. Even if the other tracks are duds, this album is already a winner.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:31 pm

I liked "Headcrusher", but I like "1,320'" better. Still looking forward to this album headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Just gave the new song a listen and other then the shredding at the end of the song. It was just ok to me. The verses to me had too many change ups and didnt give me time to get into it. Also the drums in the beginning riff needed to be slowed down. Not a bad song but nowhere near great. Juat another average Megadeth song..

Chris shines though on some of those solos especially his sweep picking..
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:41 pm

"502" was better.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:05 pm

It's okay. The only thing I don't like is the drums. They just sound weird...maybe too high in the mix or something.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:13 pm

Schbopo wrote:
It's okay. The only thing I don't like is the drums. They just sound weird...maybe too high in the mix or something.

I agree especially in that opening riff. I thought they were pointless there and shouldn't of been used.
Back to top Go down
Shini
Metal novice
Metal novice
Shini

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:10 am

My first thought about this is, 'yay!' The only bad part is that I got four other album releases to look forward to. ... Ah, who cares, it'll all be worth it. =D

I'm quite confused by the cover. I can't really think of the fly border as the whole cover pretty much looks like a mediocre photo manipulation. D=

The tracks rock tho'. Definitely looking forward.
Back to top Go down
http://shinimegami-grimm.deviantart.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:26 pm

Megadeth never disappoints me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:18 am

"1,320" is killer! It's classic Mustaine riffing with awesome soloing from Chris Broderick. I know this will be their best work since 1990. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:20 am

Dave is putting Metallica's new stuff to shame.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:39 am

Troublezone wrote:

Always Has IMO
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:07 am

Troublezone wrote:

Dave's certainly been more consistant, for sure.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Excellent song!!!

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Always Has IMO

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New MEGADETH album in September...   New MEGADETH album in September... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New MEGADETH album in September...
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next