Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?

Go down 
+9
thejokeriv
DeathCult
Svengo
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Schbopo
XYZ
Tall Tyrion
Stender
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Empty
PostSubject: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:36 pm

I got into a little bit of a debate with one of the pastors of my church(a calvary chapel fellowship for those wondering...) on this subject and was just wondering what some of you guys think about it. Its a pretty heavy topic that can divide churches and people real easy, but I think were all pretty mature enough to handle it. List any scriptures that you may have if you can.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Heh heh heh... can o' worms...

I'm pre-trib myself, but not that inclined to discuss it at this point in my life.

All of those terms are sub-sets a broader group of doctrines called
Premillenialism, which is the idea that the Millenium is a yet future
event. That's my view and the view of almost anyone who is pre post or
mid trib, but there are others who differ. If you really want to take a
look at other ideas, check out Amillenialism or Postmillenialism. Many
of the older mainline Protestant churches and the RCC would teach some
form of one of those two views.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Let me put it this way:

if this is the 1000 year reign, then Jesus isn't that good of a king.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:14 pm

I guess I should have said my impressions first....

I believe in anything possible but pre-trib. When looking at Mathew 24 29 it says that the sky will darken and the moon will not give light and after these things the lord will make an appearence in the clouds and with a great trumpet blast jesus and his angels with gather his elect(believers, not the 144 thous jews) with him to heaven. We know that the elect that this s talking about is not the 144 thousand because the bible tells exactly where those jews will be in the tribulation period....that being the rock city of petra. The elect mentioned, is gathered from the four winds from one end of the earth to heaven...basically meaning christians from all over the world.

Think about it, if there are no christians during the tribulation period because they have been all raptured, who is supposed to be the ones said in the bible that are supposed to resist the antichrist and the mark?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:52 pm

Stender wrote:

Think about it, if there are no christians during the tribulation period because they have been all raptured, who is supposed to be the ones said in the bible that are supposed to resist the antichrist and the mark?

Chuck Norris
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:09 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Stender wrote:

Chuck Norris

Point taken...end of thread.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:17 pm

I think i lean toward pre-trib. I found a article on the subject.

The primary Scripture passage on the rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. It states that all living believers, along with all believers who have died, will meet the Lord Jesus in the air and will be with Him forever. The rapture is God’s removing His people from the earth. A few verses later, in 1 Thessalonians 5:9, Paul says, “For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.” The book of Revelation, which deals primarily with the time period of the tribulation, is a prophetic message of how God will pour out His wrath upon the earth during the tribulation. It seems inconsistent for God to promise believers that they will not suffer wrath and then leave them on the earth to suffer through the wrath of the tribulation. The fact that God promises to deliver Christians from wrath shortly after promising to remove His people from the earth seems to link those two events together.

Another crucial passage on the timing of the rapture is Revelation 3:10, in which Christ promises to deliver believers from the “hour of trial” that is going to come upon the earth. This could mean two things. Either Christ will protect believers in the midst of the trials, or He will deliver believers out of the trials. Both are valid meanings of the Greek word translated “from.” However, it is important to recognize what believers are promised to be kept from. It is not just the trial, but the “hour” of trial. Christ is promising to keep believers from the very time period that contains the trials, namely the tribulation. The purpose of the tribulation, the purpose of the rapture, the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 5:9, and the interpretation of Revelation 3:10 all give clear support to the pre-tribulational position. If the Bible is interpreted literally and consistently, the pre-tribulational position is the most biblically-based interpretation.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:25 pm

I think this subject would fare better over at the CMR board.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:13 pm

I don't even know what "pre/post/mid/pan tribulation" is so I'll just nod, smile politely and leave now. Bye.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:14 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I think this subject would fare better over at the CMR board.

+10
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:32 pm

In the end does it really matter where you stand on this? If we know how its all going to turn out in the end, then why worry if you're leaving this world before, during or after a tribulation.

I know some people that seem a bit obsessed by this subject but I personally don't see what the big deal is. I guess some people are interested in this maybe because of some fear of having to suffer somehow before the end, but I don't think we were ever promised to be able to skip all the bad times before the end.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I don't even know what "pre/post/mid/pan tribulation" is so I'll just nod, smile politely and leave now. Bye.

I also fall into this category.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:41 pm

None of the above! Revelation is not meant to systematically taken apart - it could refer to what the author saw at the time with the roman empire or it could refer to the end of the world My personal opinion is that people spend too much time trying to "decode" the book.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:43 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Same here. C'mon DC, let's get Freddy and grab a beer. We'll catch up with you guys later.

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Same here. C'mon DC, let's get Freddy and grab a beer. We'll catch up with you guys later.

I'll join you.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:00 am

Quote :
I think were all pretty mature enough to handle it.

You underestimated Shamwow boy...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:20 am

detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I'll join you.

drunk drunk Whew!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:33 am

thejokeriv wrote:
None of the above! Revelation is not meant to systematically taken apart - it could refer to what the author saw at the time with the roman empire or it could refer to the end of the world My personal opinion is that people spend too much time trying to "decode" the book.

Good Post Joker.I feel like this as well.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:02 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Thx!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:31 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Careful Thrasher! If you don't take the Bible literally somebody might think you're one of us Cath-o-licks!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:44 pm

For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? 19976
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:37 pm

Try asking God what it all means surprised

Sometimes He puts it out on the street, so to speak, plain and simple. But us humans are too busy doing other things to see and/or understand. Don't trip if He actualy answers you, afterall, relationship is what its all about.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:28 pm

detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I'll join you.

Drink up fellas! happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:21 am

Guys, this is as legit a thread as any othere here. If you don't wanna contribute, just let those who want to do so in peace.

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:31 pm

I have some beliefs about it but I don't stress and fall more into the, it'll pan out, catagory. Almost every generation has thought the end was near and could force their views into what the Bible said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?   For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For believers on board....pre/post/mid/pan tribulation, whats your stance?
Page 1 of 1