Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?

Go down 
+6
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
kethdredd
Rex
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Empty
PostSubject: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:45 am

Anyone remember this classic metal band from the California Metal compilations in the 80's? Check it out:
Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Hero728x400

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon May 18, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:50 am

Yea, I remember their California Metal tracks. They pretty much disappeared off the face of the Earth after that didn't they? Geez, I think this makes it official. Every band from the '80s is now mounting a comeback. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:13 am

Never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:22 am

Any samples anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:23 am

"For fans of: Saviour Machine, HIM, Lacuna Coil?" That doesn't sound like the band I remember from California Metal.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:13 am

I wouldn't put too much weight on those comparisons. Retroactive tends to pick popular bands to compare their bands to.

I was wrong. This Hero is from Sweden and are a melodic metal band. This is not the classic metal band from California.

Here's the pre-order link:
http://flyjams.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=7&products_id=7

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:36 am

Is that flaming butterflys I see on the cover?

Hmmmmm, probably wouldn't have been my first choice of animals to put on a metal album. Eagles, panthers, hawks, snakes, wooly mammoths. Monarch butterflys? They're way down on the list, just below kittens, but above a titmouse with antlers stapled to it's head. I'll give it points for at least setting them on fire. Fire good.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:41 am

ultmetal wrote:

I was wrong. This Hero is from Sweden and are a melodic metal band. This is not the classic metal band from California.

Aha, that explains a lot. I thought those guys in the photo looked a little young to be the "California Metal" Hero. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

If they are new-school melodic/power metal then butterflies are the perfect choice...maybe there are some cute puppies on the inner sleeve.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:50 am

http://www.myspace.com/herosweden

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
a titmouse with antlers stapled to it's head.

Now THAT I'd buy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:52 am

detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

If they are new-school melodic/power metal then butterflies are the perfect choice...maybe there are some cute puppies on the inner sleeve.

Lit on fire? Or maybe some battle armour. That'd be pretty bitchin'

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Aha, that explains a lot. I thought those guys in the photo looked a little young to be the "California Metal" Hero. Laughing

I was thinking the same thing!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:36 pm

I have the debut from these guys. Some meber(s) from Veni Domine is the brains behind this Hero. Great melodic metal/hard rock. I will buy the new one in time too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:56 pm

kmorg wrote:
Great melodic metal/hard rock.

So they aren't for "fans of HIM and Lacuna Coil?" Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Who would you compare them too, Kmorg?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:18 pm

A little like Communic is what it reminds me of...melodic, grandiose keys, good guitars...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:19 pm

A hint of Evergrey too...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Then they must have changed. The debut isn't even close to being as progressive as those bands, and was way more melodic.

Think Narnia without the "flowery power". They have a nice worship thing going on. So maybe a little bit of Sardonyx?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:57 pm

WHAT Communic.....Evergrey? I need to check this out then!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

It looks more like a giant moth to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:25 pm

You said Communic so now I really have to check them out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:36 pm

Don't expect a soundalike to Communic...I just heard little hints of it...could just be me.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Lets put this to rest. I was in the band H.E.R.O. that was on Cal Metal. I don't see myself in the picture...LOL!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:56 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Don't expect a soundalike to Communic...I just heard little hints of it...could just be me.

Just you. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?   Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swedish Melodic Metal . . . HERO?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next