Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
Rex
GrandNational
mc666
Damien Solta
MetalH
thejokeriv
akeldama
scottmitchell74
13 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 8:39 pm

I'm on duty today, so tomorrow me and the girlies are going.

Little things in life entertain me and one of the things I find cool about the cast of this movie is that I fell in love with Zoe Saldana because of her role in The Terminal, and especially this scene;

Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Saldana1

and now she's playing Uhura in the new movie! Funny how that circled around.

Anyhow, no spoilers here, but let us know what you think.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 8:52 pm

I'm so there...tomorrow. I'm at work tonight until 11:30.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:01 pm

I saw it this morning, it's a blast. It manages the perfect balance of staying true to the characters and back story, but approaches the material from a very different perspective. Simon Pegg as Scotty is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:08 pm

I've been hearing a lot of good about it...that it appeals to purists and casual fans alike. I bet it makes a lot of new fans who then will explore all the old episodes and movies.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:28 pm

AWESOME movie!!! I loved it!!!!! The girl that plays Uhura is HOT.

Detuned - you are correct about simon pegg as scotty! The guy that play Spock was great too, and Uhura - wow, nice eye candy!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Saw it last night as well! I had low expectations, but I found that it really delivered. I want to go see it again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Me and some friends went and saw it toady, but a few of them hadn't seen StarTrek yet. They loved it almost as much as I did.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:56 am

thejokeriv wrote:
The girl that plays Uhura is HOT.
i agree with this, but i'll skip the movie.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:19 am

I've only heard good things about this. I will be there.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:27 am

Saw it yesterday, I think this is the best thing Star Trek ever did. Its just an awesome movie all the way around.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:37 am

Haven't seen it but WOW you should've seen the crowd of people out in front of our local theatre last night. I had no idea that so many Trekkies lived in this town.

Oh, and the new Uhura is hot.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:08 am

I am going to see it tomorrow and the new Uhura is extremely hot
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:01 am

hope to see it Monday, I'll have to see if they have it imaxed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:28 am

Saw it! It was pretty darn good. Something for those of us who love TOS and it'll make new fans.

New Uhura is hot! (But give credit where it's due, Nichelle Nichols in her prime was also smokingly hot, and had more curves)
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Worth the ten bucks I payed for it. One of the greatest new movies I've seen in a long time.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:32 pm

I've never been much of a fan of Star Trek but this movie looks like it will be really good. So I may end up checking this new version out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?   Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Trek - Who's going ( or gone)?
Page 1 of 1