Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star One

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

Star One Empty
PostSubject: Star One   Star One Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 4:16 pm

Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Youtube account has short instrumental clips from the next Star One album, which is apparently about time travel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ArjenALucassen/videos

Victims of the Modern Age was my favourite album of the 2010's. I am more than ready for a new Star One release.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Star One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star One   Star One Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 12:12 pm

i liked Victim's better than Space Metal. Eleven years between releases is a bit long through...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Star One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star One   Star One Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 2:29 pm

I like Space Metal best, namely because it has its own unique sound. Arjen has done the same thing Devin Townsend has done, where he's kind of found his own sound and everything he puts out, regardless of what name it's under, sounds very similar.

Still love his stuff, but I don't hear much difference between the newer Ayreon stuff and his other projects these days.

Space Metal was different, though, had its own sound and style, as did all the Ayreon albums up until The Human Equation. After that, everything he's done might as well be Ayreon albums. Even The Gentle Storm, with its folky Celtic elements, sounds like an Ayreon album. Also quite good, though, so I'm not complaining here. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Star One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star One   Star One Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 3:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I like Space Metal best, namely because it has its own unique sound. Arjen has done the same thing Devin Townsend has done, where he's kind of found his own sound and everything he puts out, regardless of what name it's under, sounds very similar.

Still love his stuff, but I don't hear much difference between the newer Ayreon stuff and his other projects these days.

Space Metal was different, though, had its own sound and style, as did all the Ayreon albums up until The Human Equation. After that, everything he's done might as well be Ayreon albums. Even The Gentle Storm, with its folky Celtic elements, sounds like an Ayreon album. Also quite good, though, so I'm not complaining here. Haha.
Huh? Victims of the Modern Age sounds different enough from Ayreon. It's way way heavier. And the fact he brought back Floor, Damian, Russell and Dan Swano for it made it stand out as a nice continuation of Space Metal. 

I'm a little disappointed the new one isn't bringing back the "Star Four" vocalists, but has a cast of guests instead.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Star One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star One   Star One Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 5:00 pm

Lari wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Huh? Victims of the Modern Age sounds different enough from Ayreon. It's way way heavier. And the fact he brought back Floor, Damian, Russell and Dan Swano for it made it stand out as a nice continuation of Space Metal. 

I'm a little disappointed the new one isn't bringing back the "Star Four" vocalists, but has a cast of guests instead.

Yeah, I don't know, Space Metal just sounds unique to me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Star One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star One   Star One Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2021 4:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Star One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star One   Star One Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2021 10:50 pm

Lari wrote:

Not surprising she returns. Was hoping she would, as well as Dan Swano.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Star One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star One   Star One Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2021 10:12 am

Album will be out in February. Cover art:

Star One Staronecd1021

Two videos on Youtube:

This fast and furious album opener is the second video clip/single of the new Star One album ‘Revel In Time’. The lyrics are inspired by the movie Terminator.

The other one is a ten minute epic:

This 10-minute epic is the first video clip/single of the new Star One album Revel in Time. The lyrics are inspired by the movie Interstellar. This is a slightly different version than on the CD. On CD1 Roy Khan sings the lead vocals and on CD2 Tony Martin sings the lead vocals. For this YouTube version I combined their voices.
- quote by Arjen

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

Star One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star One   Star One Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2021 10:44 am

Seems somebody is trying to be the band's publicist? Laughing very hard
Awesome to see people still getting excited about new music headbanger
cheers

The King