Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death Angel's New Bassist

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
fingers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Death Angel's New Bassist Empty
PostSubject: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:53 am

I saw Death Angel along with Armored Saint a few days ago and gotta say a brilliant performance by the 2 I really thought Id never see the light of day seeing armored saint live. Anyway I am not really familiar with Death Angel only know 1 or 2 songs I was blown away how fast they are and boy these guys shred big time! Anyway they recently got a new bassist in my opinion doesn't fit into their band. No not because he's the only white bloke in the bloke but the chemistry isn't there he just looks like a guest musician and by the looks of it with him in the band is the same as what it was when Brian Robertson was with Motorhead the audience didn't seem to accept him either he started lecturing us on the history of thrash and they told him to shut and play. What you are thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:37 am

Where did you see them? Hollywood? Brontotex was there too.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:23 pm

Who is the new bassist? I read that the original guy was leaving (Dennis Pepa?), but I had not heard that they've already found a replacement.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm

My thoughts are that it really doesn't matter. He's not the main songwriter and will probably barely be noticeable in the mix. Not quite the same as playing guitar for MOTORHEAD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:35 pm

I agree TOB. The bass is not a focal point of their music.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:43 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Who is the new bassist? I read that the original guy was leaving (Dennis Pepa?), but I had not heard that they've already found a replacement.

I saw them in Brisbane which is in Australia
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:46 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
My thoughts are that it really doesn't matter. He's not the main songwriter and will probably barely be noticeable in the mix. Not quite the same as playing guitar for MOTORHEAD.

I guess so but I still think they need to get a new bass player the current bass player looks like the kind of person whod be a studio musician who tours along with bands who needs a bass player temporaily
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Not quite the same as playing guitar for MOTORHEAD.

It's not like the guitar parts in Motorhead are too complicated for it to be noticeable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:08 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

It's not like the guitar parts in Motorhead are too complicated for it to be noticeable.

Boo. :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:38 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

It's not about being complicated, it's about being audible.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:30 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Crank it to 11!!!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:30 am

detuned wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Boo. :kickbutt:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:51 am

GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Crank it to 11!!!!

You've missed the point of my initial post in this thread.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:23 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

That the guitar tone in Motorhead is more important than the bass sound in Death Angel?
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 4:55 pm

fingers wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I guess so but I still think they need to get a new bass player the current bass player looks like the kind of person whod be a studio musician who tours along with bands who needs a bass player temporaily

You mean like the guy who's been playing bass for Bon Jovi for 10 years? LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:08 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Crank it to 11!!!!

You all have missed the point I was referring to the chemistry

Last edited by fingers on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:07 am

Quote :
You all have I mostly referring to the chemistry

Best sentence ever!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel's New Bassist   Death Angel's New Bassist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Angel's New Bassist
Page 1 of 1