Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tony Harnell news

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Tony Harnell news Empty
PostSubject: Tony Harnell news   Tony Harnell news Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:22 am

Former TNT and current Starbreaker vocalist Tony Harnell has been busy lately working on a new acoustic solo album. The title of the record is "En Memoria Carinosa," which, in Tony's own words, stands for "in loving memory of the songs from my past." The LP will include reworked versions of Harnell's hits with TNT and Westworld, other classic songs and new stuff as well. A tentative summer 2009 release via Frontiers Records is expected.

Harnell's final release as a member of TNT was the "Live in Madrid" DVD, which came out in September 2006 via MTM Music. The DVD, which was filmed on April 1st, 2006 in Madrid, Spain, was accompanied by an 82-minute audio CD plus booklet liner notes from Harnell about his work with the group as well as an additional tour documentary by Darren Paltrowitz.

Starbreaker — the band featuring Tony Harnell, Magnus Karlsson (Allen Lande, Primal Fear) and John Macaluso (Yngwie Malmsteen, TNT, Ark) —released its second album, entitled "Love's Dying Wish," in North America on November 18th through Blistering/Ryko.
Back to top Go down

Tony Harnell news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Harnell news   Tony Harnell news Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:27 am

Basically, another Morning Wood type album...
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Tony Harnell news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Harnell news   Tony Harnell news Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Is it wrong that the only music I know by Tony Harnell is from the soundtrack to Sonic Adventure?

...Ted Poley, Johnny Gioelli and Al Pitrelli are on it too. Embarassed

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

Tony Harnell news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Harnell news   Tony Harnell news Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:28 pm

I still remember the first time I heard the album "Knights of the new thunder" and became a fan of this mans voice.

thanks for posting the news
Back to top Go down

Tony Harnell news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Harnell news   Tony Harnell news Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:39 pm

Smindas wrote:
Is it wrong that the only music I know by Tony Harnell is from the soundtrack to Sonic Adventure?

Yes. Very, Very Wrong.

Quote :
was accompanied by an 82-minute audio CD plus booklet liner notes from Harnell

How did they get 82 minutes of music on a regular cd?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Tony Harnell news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Harnell news   Tony Harnell news Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:42 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Yes. Very, Very Wrong.
Cheers for clearing that up. It's a damn fine song, though; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMgJhB9xOIU - or at least, there's a lot of ten year old related nostalgia in it for me.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Tony Harnell news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Harnell news   Tony Harnell news Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:17 pm

I was listening to TNT on the way to work yesterday. I have had that album for over 20 years and I still get goose flesh when he hits the high note on the outro of Desperate Nights. Simply awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tony Harnell news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Harnell news   Tony Harnell news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tony Harnell news
Page 1 of 1