Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Stars and Reality Shows

Go down 
+7
powermacho
Schbopo
kmorg
mc666
Chairman_Smith
Olafsto
Mattallica667
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

Metal Stars and Reality Shows Empty
PostSubject: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:19 am

Over the past couple months I've been noticing how many rock and metal stars are on reality shows. As if Osbournes wasn't embarrassing enough, we've got all these other shows.
I mean seriousl, VH1's making a SECOND season of Rock of Love, you know, that show where Bret Michaels basically tries to bang 50 chicks on reality TV all at once. We've also seen Sebastion Bach, Ted Nugent, Scott Ian, Evan Seinfield, and Jason Bonham (John Bonham's son) on the show Supergroup (though i personally like the show, it kind of weird to see musicians already famous trying to get gigs). And though it's bad for rock, its even WORSE for hip hop. With such classic shows such as "I Wanna Work for Diddy", you can't go wrong.

Last edited by Mattallica667 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:23 am

1. Brett Michaels has never been in a metal band.

2. Gene Simmons Family Jewels is the anti Osbournes despite whatever internet summary you have read about the show. Watch it just once, you'll realize your mistake.

3. A show named "Supergroup" with Scott ian, Jason Bonham and Nugent is so much cooler than a million guys named "Mattalica" any day.

4. I was one of those that hoped that Comedy Central would be taken from my TV lineup.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:18 am

spectrefate wrote:
1. Brett Michaels has never been in a metal band.

2. Gene Simmons Family Jewels is the anti Osbournes despite whatever internet summary you have read about the show. Watch it just once, you'll realize your mistake.

3. A show named "Supergroup" with Scott ian, Jason Bonham and Nugent is so much cooler than a million guys named "Mattalica" any day.

4. I was one of those that hoped that Comedy Central would be taken from my TV lineup.

You sound like a grumpy old man, and you`re only 34 Rolling Eyes ......

just kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:19 am

Chocolate News is terrible. And I'm not saying that just because I hate black people. It's not funny at all.

As for the other issue, I have no problem with it. This is how musicians are making money these days. If you have a problem with them doing these shows, rant about the so-called fans that basically stole their way of life.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:10 am

Eyesore wrote:
Chocolate News is terrible. And I'm not saying that just because I hate black people. It's not funny at all.

As for the other issue, I have no problem with it. This is how musicians are making money these days. If you have a problem with them doing these shows, rant about the so-called fans that basically stole their way of life.

Eyesore doesn't care about black people.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:41 am

David Allen Grier is just not funny. never has been. as for rock stars in reality shows, who cares? i never watched reality shows anyway. they're crap no matter who is in them.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:16 am

I never watched Family Jewels becasue I thoguht it was a rip-off of the Osbournes. I did see Rock School with Mr. Simmons though.

Didn't Dee Snider have a show with his family too?

I agree with the original poster though. ENOUGH ALREADY!

Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Okay you can say things against me, but don't be a racist.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:20 pm

Mattallica667 wrote:

It's Eyesore, he's not serious.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:14 am

Dee Snider, had some offers to do some shows with his family, but he has denied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:34 am

mc666 wrote:
David Allen Grier is just not funny. never has been. as for rock stars in reality shows, who cares? i never watched reality shows anyway. they're crap no matter who is in them.
Some are good. Celebrity Rehab is great. Gut-wrenching to watch if you've ever watched someone ruin their life due to addiction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:34 am

Mattallica667 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Calm down, bro. I was kidding. Laughing
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25944

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:14 pm

I usually don't watch these shows.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:19 pm

kmorg wrote:
I never watched Family Jewels becasue I thoguht it was a rip-off of the Osbournes. I did see Rock School with Mr. Simmons though.

Didn't Dee Snider have a show with his family too?

Dee was supposedly in talks to do a show called "The Sniders of Great Neck" going back about ten years ago (before "The Osbournes" blew up) but it never got off the ground. Supposedly Dee decided not to do it because his time at home with family is supposed to be his refuge FROM show business, he didn't want them to become part of it!

"Gene Simmons Family Jewels" is a great show. I don't catch it regularly but I think it's far superior to "The Osbournes," because Gene can still speak in complete sentences, his kids aren't nearly as annoying as Ozzy's and mainly because Shannon Tweed is still easy on the eyes even after all these years. Mmmm-mm!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Gene Simmons 'Family Jewels' portrays Gene Simmons what I imagine him to be like, where the Osbournes I think hurt his image and reputation. Ozzy came off as a bumbling idiot, which I am sure it is not the reality, after all he has managed to have a successful solo career for the last 29 years, and that cannot all be due to Sharon.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm

manny wrote:
Gene Simmons 'Family Jewels' portrays Gene Simmons what I imagine him to be like, where the Osbournes I think hurt his image and reputation. Ozzy came off as a bumbling idiot, which I am sure it is not the reality, after all he has managed to have a successful solo career for the last 29 years, and that cannot all be due to Sharon.

Exactly, but I don't know why Ozzy would want to be seen this way, it is beyond me. I remember one episode where he had to call for help to put a trash bag in the container, if he were really that bad off he sure wouldn't be able to really function in any society. I felt that it was about 90% an act.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:49 pm

skullsmasher wrote:

I remember one episode where he had to call for help to put a trash bag in the container, if he were really that bad off he sure wouldn't be able to really function in any society.

That can be pretty tough sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Stars and Reality Shows   Metal Stars and Reality Shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Stars and Reality Shows
Page 1 of 1