Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end

Go down 
+5
Lurideath
TheGooch
ultmetal
mc666
Rex
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Empty
PostSubject: Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end   Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:39 am

Posted by the remaining editor on the BWBK site:

ChaoticTate wrote:
It is with great sadness that I announce that Unrestrained! magazine has come to an end.

As most of you know, Adrian Bromley passed away on December 7. Adrian was the publisher, coordinator, and co-editor of the magazine. The magazine was intertwined with Adrian to such an extent that it could not continue without his presence at the helm. It was agreed by Adrian’s friends and family that bringing the magazine to a close would be the most appropriate course of action. This is a view that I share.

Along with countless expressions of sympathy, I have received inquiries about the future of the magazine. We have made every effort to wrap up the magazine in a way that would honour Adrian’s life and vision. Here is what will happen:

Adrian passed away with the thirty-ninth issue about a week-and-a-half away from completion. Myself, along with copy editor Rob Hughes and layout artist Rex Zachary, decided to put the finishing touches on the issue so that the option would be on the table for this issue to be released. I would like to thank them for their hard work during this most difficult time. Outside of a different editorial (now a eulogy for Adrian, written by myself) and a few typographical corrections and layout tweaks, the issue is largely as Adrian last saw it. Adrian was very excited by this issue. His excitement is fully justified; it is a terrific issue and a suitable finale to a spectacular run.

Unrestrained! #39 will be released by Adrian’s friends and family as a tribute to him. It will be printed off in a shorter run than normal. It will not be sent to distributors for newstand circulation. Copies will be sent to U! staff and subscribers. Provided everything goes as anticipated, the issue will be out by January 17th and will be sold at Adrian’s memorial concert. If there are any copies available after this, I expect that they will be sold through direct mail. If the latter does happen, information will be posted on the U! website. In order to ensure that everybody who wants to read the issue can see it, the issue will be posted at http://www.unrestrainedmag.com for free electronic download around the middle of February.

Below is information for the following: public relations agents, debtors and creditors.

Public Relations Agents
Please remove Adrian Bromley’s address from your mailing lists. However, note that many of our writers contribute ink to other publications, so contact them to determine their current activities before you remove their respective addresses.

Debtors and Creditors
As Unrestrained! magazine is solely owned by Adrian Bromley, outstanding debts and credits will be addressed as part of the settlement of Adrian’s estate. Adrian’s executor will be administering the probate. I have no further information on this matter.

I would like to thank all those who supported Unrestrained! magazine, especially our readers and staff, for their support over the years. It was a great run.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end   Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:43 am

that magazine came a long way in a short time. sad to see it disappear.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end   Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:44 am

Sad, but understandable.

PostSubject: Re: Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end   Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:42 am

Sad...but it makes sense. Let it be his legacy. Saw the issue with Ihsahn over the weekend...was reminded of Adrian's untimely passing...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end   Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:31 pm

Rip
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end   Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:22 pm

This is good to hear. Unrestrained! was one of the best magazines ever and its sad to see it go, but its a wise decision. I'll definitely get this last issue!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end   Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:18 pm

I hate to see this magazine go,too. But I do agree that it's the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end   Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Just echoing was has been said by others; a big loss but understandable.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end   Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:06 am

I post at the same board Adrian quite frequently posted at (BraveWords.com). R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end   Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:33 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end   Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unrestrained! Magazine comes to an end
Page 1 of 1