Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Go down 
+3
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
Wargod
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Empty
PostSubject: Kenny Wayne Shepherd   Kenny Wayne Shepherd Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:46 pm

I think someone here mentioned something about KWS well here is of his songs. I saw him live 2 years ago amazing show. This is my favorite style of blues. It is why blues are high up on my list next to metal!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Wayne Shepherd   Kenny Wayne Shepherd Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Another fav of mine!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Wayne Shepherd   Kenny Wayne Shepherd Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:07 pm

Love this guy. His last album 10 Days Out is a great blues record. He's teamed up with some old blues legends. The DVD that comes with it is pretty cool too. He's playing with some old bluesmen that are like 90 years old and holding their own against this young whipper-snapper.

He came on the scene around the same time as Jonny Lang and both were promoted as the "next Stevie Ray Vaughn". KWS did a nice job forging his own sound while Jonny seemed to fade into obscurity. I'm glad he (KWS) ditched the singer from the early albums and does his own vocals now.

I saw him open for somebody years ago, but I can't remember who it was. Might have been Aerosmith, not sure though.

EDIT: according to Wikipedia, he was the opening act for the Stones on their 1999 tour. That's probably where I saw him.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Wayne Shepherd   Kenny Wayne Shepherd Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:39 pm

saw him with Lynyrd Skynyrd, was the band that played before them. And he rocked!!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Wayne Shepherd   Kenny Wayne Shepherd Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Actually KWS doesn't sing much and Noah Hunt is back doing vocals!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Wayne Shepherd   Kenny Wayne Shepherd Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Black and Blue is a cool song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Wayne Shepherd   Kenny Wayne Shepherd Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:09 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Actually KWS doesn't sing much and Noah Hunt is back doing vocals!

Wargod48

I wasn't aware of that. I didn't dislike Noah, but I thought Kenny handled his own vocals just fine. Oh well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Wayne Shepherd   Kenny Wayne Shepherd Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:13 pm

Have the first four albums. Used to listen to him a lot in early 2000.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Wayne Shepherd   Kenny Wayne Shepherd Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:40 am

I saw him again last summer. The guy is dang good, I see him making music for years to come. I have most of his music but have yet to get any of Jonny Lang's. Don't know why I like him too.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Wayne Shepherd   Kenny Wayne Shepherd Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:10 pm

I like KWS, he's never had a good singer IMO though. Live On is his best work and I also like the 10 Days Out CD a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Wayne Shepherd   Kenny Wayne Shepherd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Page 1 of 1