Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WAYNE - Metal Church

Go down 
+8
Troublezone
Wargod
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

WAYNE - Metal Church Empty
PostSubject: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 8:48 am

I was telling a friend about this album yesterday and decided to give it a spin today at work. Forgot just how good this album is. One of David Wayne's best albums outside those first two Metal Church records and certainly better than "Masterpeace". Any other fans?

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 8:52 am

Yep.

I had it on MP3 years ago and played the heck out of it. Definetely better than anything Metal Church has put out since Mike Howe left.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37649

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:33 am

I like Wayne's METAL CHURCH way better than MASTERPEACE, and for that matter, better than the two more recent MC albums with the new singer. (Ronny Munroe's OK but he's no Wayne... or Mike Howe...)

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall when Kurt Vanderhoof and the rest of the MC guys first saw a copy of Wayne's album though...the title "METAL CHURCH" must've been a pretty big middle finger all by itself, but then to add insult to injury, not only does the "Wayne" logo look suspiciously like the Metal Church logo, but it even has the "guitar headstone" from the first Metal Church album on the cover! I bet they must've had a cow.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:26 am

I absolutely love those first two Metal Church albums! My favorite MC album of all time is "The Dark".

However, I've never heard any of Wayne's solo stuff. Did he just release this one? I'll have to track it down.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:38 am

blackieboy wrote:
I absolutely love those first two Metal Church albums! My favorite MC album of all time is "The Dark".

However, I've never heard any of Wayne's solo stuff. Did he just release this one? I'll have to track it down.

It's been out awhile now. I just picked it up off of ebay not too long ago, pretty cheap too if I remember correctly. This thread reminds me to break it out and give it some more spins.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:51 am

blackieboy wrote:

The "Metal Church" CD is the only thing he released under the "Wayne" band name, but he also released several EPs and albums with his early 90s band Reverend. (I only have the debut Reverend EP and first full length, WORLD WON'T MISS YOU, but they're both quite good, in the Metal Church style. I prefer the EP however).

Shortly before he died he was supposedly starting up a new band called "David Wayne's Metal Church" (ouch!) but I don't know if they got far along enough to release any material before he passed away...

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:53 am

blackieboy wrote:

Wayne - Metal Church (Nuclear Blast) 2001

David
Wayne passed away from complications after a car accident on 5/11/2005

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 1:38 pm

The first few times it did nothing for me, but now I love it. R.I.P David.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 3:25 pm

Ahh Ult, how could you ? lol!

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/wayne-metal-church-t88.htm?highlight=wayne

I'll say it again, I really didn't like this CD at first, now I love cranking it every so often, class album

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 3:56 pm

I need to get this. I keep hearing it's good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:04 pm

Locky wrote:
Ahh Ult, how could you ? lol!

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/wayne-metal-church-t88.htm?highlight=wayne

I'll say it again, I really didn't like this CD at first, now I love cranking it every so often, class album

Wow, not only did Ult duplicate his own post, but it looks like I practically duplicated my own reply from his earlier thread in this one today!!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 7:40 pm

Hell yeah kick a$$ cd love it!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:35 pm

I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:16 pm

Wayne's-Metal Church kicks a-s! Jimi Bell (ex-Thunderhead/House Of Lords) handled the guitar duites on that one.Cool album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:48 pm

IronAge wrote:
Wayne's-Metal Church kicks a-s! Jimi Bell (ex-Thunderhead/House Of Lords) handled the guitar duites on that one.Cool album.

Why did they credit Craig Wells as a guitarist on the record?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 9:16 am

troublezone wrote:
IronAge wrote:

Why did they credit Craig Wells as a guitarist on the record?

Lord knows, maybe to piss the MC boys off ?.

Infact the enitre Thunderhead band played on that album not just Jimi, cracking album though, excellent artwork too.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39602

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 10:33 am

Awesome album (except for the Mountain cover) . I think it was just as good as Masterpeace. I would have loved to see more from him. Too bad. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 10:30 pm

I've had this album for quite a while. Anything with Wayne involved was great. Even Masterpeace had a few gems on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 11:42 pm

Yeah, David Wayne is one of those rare musicians who can do no wrong in my eyes.

He died way too young.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:30 am

Dusted Wayne's METAL CHURCH disc off for the first time in a while today. Still holds up pretty well (except for the track "Die Satan Die," which has a pretty blatant ripoff of the riff from Black Sabbath's "Heaven and Hell" in it...)

David's vocal performance on this disc totally destroys the work he did on Metal Church's (weak) MASTERPEACE. The singing on this one is much closer to his earlier MC work or the first couple of Reverend discs. If only he'd sounded this good on MASTERPEACE, that album would've been greatly improved.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 1:27 pm

Finally ordered the cd today.

headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 3:21 pm

Great disc! I’m glad he went out on a high note. No pun intended

The cover art was also better than any actual MC album.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 3:23 pm

Gilbert wrote:

headbanger headbanger

Where did you find it? Is it new or used?

I was hoping a remastered deluxe edition would be available at some point.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 3:25 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

headbanger headbanger

Where did you find it? Is it new or used?

I was hoping a remastered deluxe edition would be available at some point.

Used (very good condition). It's gonna cost me about 50$ to reach my part of the world.

I know it's stupid, but the addicted collector inside me finally gave up Razz.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 3:28 pm

If I’m not mistaken, this album could almost be classified as Christian. The lyrics are very pro-God, anti-devil.

Or maybe “white metal” like early Trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WAYNE - Metal Church   WAYNE - Metal Church Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WAYNE - Metal Church
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: