Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site Empty
PostSubject: Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site   Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:23 pm

http://www.musicboomerang.com

Music Boomerang is now open to the public. It was in beta before. I've used it just one time, and that was just receiving my free intro disc. I only have 30 CDs posted, and with a small beta team, it was hard to get rid of them.

Anyway, this site was created by those that were fed up with lala and all their silly non-changes. So hopefully it'll be better. I'm not sure it'll beat SwapaCD, in my book, but it seems a better alternative than lala.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site   Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:21 am

So this site has gone live. Oh, I already posted that above. Okay, then some thoughts. I dig it. It's still got some navigation issues that don't make it a completely smooth ride, but it seems to be a solid site. I just sent out my first batch of CDs, so we'll see what I get in return.

It's like lala, in that you get a credit once a disc is received. It's not like SwapaCD where you can buy credits. This is strictly trading. It's $1 per trade, and then send you some really solid shipping material--small cardboard boxes, CD size. So these won't go through the letter sorter and get cracked, like all the lala CDs did.

Anyway, just figured I'd throw it out there for anyone looking for something new.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site   Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:25 am

Someone else was telling me about this not too long ago.I checked it out but havent signed up yet.Do they have quite a few cds in their database?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site   Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:43 am

I'm a disgruntled former Lala-er (I bailed when they switched over to mostly-digital music) so this sounds like it might be worth checking out. Thanx for the tip Eye.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site   Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm a disgruntled former Lala-er (I bailed when they switched over to mostly-digital music) so this sounds like it might be worth checking out. Thanx for the tip Eye.

Too bad you don't have that Bolton disc anymore. I'd bet a dollar to a donut that would be a highly sought after disc on this new site.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site   Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:11 am

spectrefate wrote:

Too bad you don't have that Bolton disc anymore. I'd bet a dollar to a donut that would be a highly sought after disc on this new site.

Meh, it never moved on Lala and it was on my list for almost a year there. Screw'em, they snooze they lose.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site   Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:51 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Someone else was telling me about this not too long ago.I checked it out but havent signed up yet.Do they have quite a few cds in their database?
You can toggle between CDs posted and CDs up for trade. It gives people the option to add discs just to show off or whatever. But they're supposed to check off which are available. There's about 75,000 if you toggle the available for trade discs. Lots of good metal and rock, too. But that makes me think people aren't changing it to Keep.

We'll see, though.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site   Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:35 pm

I've been getting into this the last couple of days. Its really like lala in its heyday with a few differences.

The Positives:
-It was created by ex lalaers, so the site is totally for trading.
-$1 a trade
-Awesome shipping materials (sturdy "boomboxes")
- Options to receive all art, cover art, or no art, for your want list. Same for your have list.
-Database is much easier to add discs to.

The Negatives:
-You have to pay for your own shipping

So far I'm pretty happy with the service. I would definitely recommend it to others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site   Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music Boomerang - A New Trading Site
Page 1 of 1