Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!

Go down 
+13
Waylon
arttieTHE1manparty
mr.electric39
Troublezone
krokus
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
stepcousin
mc666
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 6:02 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Won it on eBay for $8.00....

Arttie

You addict.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:41 am

Shiney picked this up for me at a local shop where he lives earlier this week, and it is on the way to me. CAN'T WAIT!!! - Now we need a re-issue of the ORIGINAL mix of Yellow & Black Attack! I have it on cassette, but rarely play it any more for fear of wearing it out. Once in a while I get the standard re-mix CD of it out, but it sounds SO WIMPY compared to the original...scratch
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:45 am

Waylon..your cds should be there tomorrow....And I didn't evn open the STRYPER to listen to it....Smile

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:47 am

Shiney wrote:
And I didn't evn open the STRYPER to listen to it....Smile
Why not? You know I wouldn't have cared. lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 11:26 am

Waylon wrote:
Shiney picked this up for me at a local shop where he lives earlier this week, and it is on the way to me. CAN'T WAIT!!! - Now we need a re-issue of the ORIGINAL mix of Yellow & Black Attack! I have it on cassette, but rarely play it any more for fear of wearing it out. Once in a while I get the standard re-mix CD of it out, but it sounds SO WIMPY compared to the original...scratch

Amen brother, I've been saying this for years. (in fact, I think I said it earlier in this thread, haha!) Maybe we oughta start an e-mail campaign to the Stryper web site and see if we can make it happen. Maybe they'd put a special edition reissue of the disc out in 2009 to celebrate its 25th anniversary?

Wow, I just realized that I said "25th anniversary," Stryper have really been around that long!! Now I feel old. Sad
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 11:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Waylon wrote:

Amen brother, I've been saying this for years. (in fact, I think I said it earlier in this thread, haha!) Maybe we oughta start an e-mail campaign to the Stryper web site and see if we can make it happen. Maybe they'd put a special edition reissue of the disc out in 2009 to celebrate its 25th anniversary?

Wow, I just realized that I said "25th anniversary," Stryper have really been around that long!! Now I feel old. Sad

I mentioned this to Michael Sweet a few years back when I had the honor of meeting him at the Creationfest. He said that he had been asked that quite a lot... I wonder what the hold up is? scratch
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 12:06 pm

probably legalities...that is usually what the hold up is.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:46 pm

Shiney wrote:

I was speaking to a friend of mine about this very thing. We both have come to the same conclusion as Shiney.

How 'bout this... What if no one knows where the original tapes are? Of the original mix that is...... You'd be surprised how often I hear this... "oh yea they're at so & so's house in a travel case...." go and check and it's not where they think...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 11:01 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Shiney wrote:

I was speaking to a friend of mine about this very thing. We both have come to the same conclusion as Shiney.

How 'bout this... What if no one knows where the original tapes are? Of the original mix that is...... You'd be surprised how often I hear this... "oh yea they're at so & so's house in a travel case...." go and check and it's not where they think...

It probably doesn't help that the label that originally released YELLOW & BLACK ATTACK (Enigma) has been out of business for quite some time... I wonder if those original master tapes are lost in a vault somewhere at whatever label bought out Enigma's catalog....
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
Shiney wrote:

It probably doesn't help that the label that originally released YELLOW & BLACK ATTACK (Enigma) has been out of business for quite some time... I wonder if those original master tapes are lost in a vault somewhere at whatever label bought out Enigma's catalog....

that's a good possibility.... I've wished they would put this out for years. When the re-mix came out it sounded like Petra (whom I like, but Petra ain't Stryper).... They toned down the guitar edge and gave the drums a tighter sound, but stripped the balls and drive of the original mix....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:16 am

After getting the Roxx Regime Demos disc from Shiney (which is AWESOME... thanks Shiney!), I've decided that I (for myself) no longer need for Stryper to re-release the original Yellow & Black Attack. This disc is close enough to "it" for me. It has that same raw sound as the original Y&BA, but with even MORE edge! I'm satisfied!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 10:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Interesting you should mention this

Quote :
SR: What is the state of the old Greenworld masters now? Are they still tied up?

EG: In short, I have no clue. For a few years they were kept in a closet at Enigma while I continued to contest via bankruptcy court. Funny, but in 1988 I was at Enigma for business I had with their heavy label Restless Records and there it all was! It was incredible to see all these tapes and piles of artwork that I'd spent so much money and time trying to obtain through the court. I'd figured, from the importance that Enigma had placed on it by denying me access for two years, that it was all in some vault! Yet, there it was, piled from the floor in a frigging closet like so much old garbage. Again, I tried to get in to hassle the Hein brothers, but no such luck.

I ended up only stealing one thing, and that was a treated cover photo of the band Harlow, since I was actually staying with the singer Mickey Kravitz in Sherman Oaks and we're friends. Believe me: I would have walked out with everything undetected except that, at the time, my first cousin Brian Cohen was working for Enigma and I certainly did not need the hassle for me or for him.

Eventually that office closed, and by that time I'd lost any interest in getting it all back. Maybe it ended up in Capitol Records' vault, since I think they owned part interest in Enigma at some point. It was shitty, but during that period I don't think any of the bands in question bothered to fight to obtain their material. Instead, everyone left it to me, so of course I got all the blame. Where is it all? It remains a metal f****** mystery.

From an interesting interview with a former Motley Crue manager.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/interviews/greif.shtml
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 3:30 pm

Soldiers Under Command and Yellow and Black Attack were my first tapes
ever. Dad brought them home from the Christian book store for me as a
suprise....Mom had a cow! LOL.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 4:28 pm

Just got it a few days ago and all I can say is "phenomenal"Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 3:01 am

Got it when I got home from vacatin, and listened to it yesterday. What surprised me is that the lyrics were of a Christian nature. I have always been under the impression that Roxx Regime were the band BEFORE they decided to become full-on Christians, and spread the message through their music. I think I've even read about the record company being somewhat suprised when they heard the finished product, because the demos that got them signed did not have Christian lyrics.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!   Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper/Roxx Regime Demos to be released!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2