Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Empty
PostSubject: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:45 pm

This promises to be different than 40 greatest metal songs of all time special by adding 60 more songs and folks adding commentary that will offer no insight on why the song choosen is considered great but you will get Bret Michaels hosting this special and every other segement throwing up devil metal horns that he is still a defender of the faith, Sebastain Bach apparently was to busy to host, anyway here is what VH1 has to say:

This month VH1 is paying tribute to the ultimate rock gods by counting down the "100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs". The five-part compilation, hosted by POISON singer Bret Michaels, will feature the most awesome guitar-driven, head-banging jams in rock history — from AC/DC to LED ZEPPELIN and everything in between. VH1 will take viewers behind-the-scenes of the greatest hard rock hits with special rarely-seen footage and brand new exclusive interviews with rock’s most famous faces. METALLICA, MÖTLEY CRÜE, NIRVANA, THE WHO, VAN HALEN, and LED ZEPPELIN are just some of the legendary artists to be profiled.

Each new hour-long episode of VH1's "100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs" will premiere on Monday, December 29 - Friday, January 2 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The series will give viewers the chance to rock out to the 100 best and most influential hard rock songs of all time. Along with the revelation of each anthem's back-story, the five-night event will also feature updates on where various rock idols are today. The countdown will allow viewers to reminisce about the glory days of guitar smashing and party crashing, roadies and groupies, and everything else hard rock stands for. Tune in to see which songs made the list and what band holds the rights to the greatest hard rock song of all time.

VH1's "100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs" is a production of VH1 with Chris Martin serving as senior producer, Hilary Spiegelman serving as series producer, and Jeff Olde, Shelly Tatro, Rick Hankey and Bernie Kaminski serving as executive producers for VH1.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:55 pm

I swear they already did this...no wait, that was the 100 greatest hard rock artists.

Ah well. Better VH1 than MTV.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:51 am

When will this be on?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:42 am

Addy wrote:
When will this be on?

will premiere on Monday, December 29 - Friday, January 2 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:55 am

Yawn... hosted by Bret Michaels and chock full of songs/artists we've all seen a zillion times before in other VH1 countdown shows... I'll pass...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:00 am

I have to agree with you Freddy but I know that I will watch it anyway, despite the clueless commentaries and the very predictable lists. But I am sucker for metal list and I always end up watching or reading metal lists on best albums, artists, etc.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:02 am

manny wrote:
I have to agree with you Freddy but I know that I will watch it anyway, despite the clueless commentaries and the very predictable lists. But I am sucker for metal list and I always end up watching or reading metal lists on best albums, artists, etc.

If it were being hosted by Carmen Electra (like the "100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs" countdown was) then I'd tune in too. But Bret Michaels? No thanx. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:04 am

Sad Bret Michaels is a very poor substitue for Carmen Electra.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:08 am

Bret Michaels is a poor substitute for an artist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:09 am

detuned wrote:
Bret Michaels is a poor substitute for an artist.

cheers
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:53 am

I may or may not watch - depends on what else is on TV or I am doing at the time, if I'm on the couch, remote in hand and nothing else worth watching is on, then I;ll tune in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special   VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VH1 new special 100 greatest hard rock songs special
Page 1 of 1