Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...

Go down 
+7
kethdredd
DallasBlack
sam
Fat Freddy
zombiewalkin
Thrasher73
ultmetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Empty
PostSubject: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 8:51 am

Quote :
Retroactive Records is proud to announce the signing of the Italy-based thrash/power metal band, BOARDERS for the release of their critically acclaimed album "THE WORLD HATES ME," scheduled for a January 2009 release date.

www.myspace.com/music4thelion (Italian thrash/power/progressive metal band Boarders)

A band that can trace its history back to the late eighties, Boarders presents a unique melding of the aggressive and melodic that draws extensively from the musical trends of the decade in question. And nowhere is that more evident than in the groups thrash heavy material in that "Schmertzgarten", "Deliver You Back To Hell", "For What It's Worth" and "W.P.D." all deliver a sound certain to garner the interest of those into Megadeth, Metallica, Tourniquet and old school Deliverance. As a matter of fact, Boarders once gained renown in Italy – back in their pre-Christian days – as a Megadeth cover band; hence, the inclusion of the old Megadeth song "In My Darkest Hour" (off So Far, So Good, So What) makes perfect sense. A more melodic aspect to the bands songwriting skills, on the other hand, can be found in the straightforward metal and hard rock direction taken on "True Rebellion", "Baptized With Fire" and "Jump For Joy". Fast, energetic and catchy, these are three up-tempo numbers that bring to mind Bride (both late eighties and early nineties era), Iron Maiden, Barren Cross and Sacred Warrior.

To say that lead vocalist Egi owns a set of pipes would be an understatement. While staying mostly in mid-octave territory with a vocal style that is equal parts clean and equal parts gritty, he adds a harsh element to his delivery on "Deliver You Back To Hell" and even mixes in some extreme growling on "For What It's Worth". On "Never Alone", in contrast, he smoothes things out with a more refined side to his vocal skills and adds some high pitched falsettos on "W.P.D.".
Lead guitarist Gigi proves every bit as much a talent, combining with Egi on rhythm guitar to contribute the albums catchy guitar riffs – some faster and more up-tempo and others slower but heavier – while furnishing its scorching lead guitar. The albums low end, at the same time, makes its presence felt as well. Give credit to Oscar and Roby for joining an excess of pronounced bass lines with a pummeling drum sound to put in place a rhythm section that is nothing less than monstrous.

Track Listing: "True Rebellion" (3:57), "Baptized With Fire" (3:53), "Schmertzgarten" (4:25), "Never Alone" ( 4:22), "In My Darkest Hour" ( 6:16), "Jump For Joy" ( 4:12), "For What It's Worth" (3:07), "Deliver You Back To Hell" (4:13), "W.P.D." ( 3:25), "Till Life Do Us One" ( 3:57), "The World Hates Me" (5:24)

Musicians
Egi – Lead Vocals & Guitars
Gigi – Guitars
Roby – Drums & Percussions
Oscar - Bass

Retroactive Records
Bombworks Records
Brutal Planet Distribution
www.bombworksrecords.com
www.retroactiverecords.net
www.myspace.com/retroactiverecords1
www.myspace.com/music4thelion (Italian prog/power metal band Boarders)
www.myspace.com/arnionthrash (Brazilian Speed/Thrash band Arnion)

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:06 am

I'll be getting it!Italy has a great but pretty unknown thrash scene going.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:06 am

Their cover of In My Darkest Hour is brilliant! Good stuff, I need to get this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:23 am

Coolness! Looking forward to hearing it!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:39 am

"Boarders?" Surf boarders? Skate boarders? Water boarders? Boarders Books and Music? scratch

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Boarders?" Surf boarders? Skate boarders? Water boarders? Boarders Books and Music? scratch

I thought the same thing, that sounds just like mustaine on the darkest hour cover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:13 am

The MySpace page was taking for-EVER to load for me so I gave up... will have to try it later...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:11 am

I like it. I will keep an eye out for this once it's released.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:56 pm

This is a great disc and I'm glad its going to see the light of day on the US shores. I know they were working on a second disc, I'll have to email the band and see the status.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Is this a re-release? I think I've seen this as an independent releae on Nordic Mission.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:17 pm

This was released by Weathertop productions as a digipak last year. I bought mine from Weathertop, I think they also have it at Radrockers.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:16 pm

They're very good! Retroactive = Awesome!

This instantly went on my "want" list!

(curses!!)
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Good band as I recall. Congrats to them.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:32 pm

thanks ult. The band has a great singer and is very professional. I will be picking this one up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...   Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retroactive signs Italian thrash metal band...
Page 1 of 1